Planet Mars: Beat Needs Feedback....

dkelloway said:
Nice track, I could see Phonte on this. I'm liking the chops. The drums are real "drummer-like". Did you just play the hats out yourself on your keyboard with quantize off? B/c if so it sounds good. I also liked your choice of percussion.

Now that I listen to the track a bit more, i can see Game getting on it, it gives me the same feel that Kanye gave me after I heard the "dreams" beat. really soulful, spooky stuff.

Good work as usual. Did you filter the bassline or did you play it out? it sounds good like it is, but i would probably suggest taking the bassline in it's own direction, so you could just play it for a few bars by itself. Just a suggestion though.

check me out https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274428&page=2

thank you, and yeah I played the hats with the quantize off. The bassline is filtered from the sample, and yeah that is a good idea for use that as a breakdown or even a four verse.

i like it a lot! there is something about the sounds for the hi hat and the kick though... the hat is to deep in the mids and the kick is a little bouncy for my taste. It sounds like a big 4 square ball. I like my kicks solid... but the drums are in tune... a lot of producers here don't even tune their drums. good job overall.

please review mine... https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276054

Last edited by a moderator:
Kalandar Music said:
i like it a lot! there is something about the sounds for the hi hat and the kick though... the hat is to deep in the mids and the kick is a little bouncy for my taste. It sounds like a big 4 square ball. I like my kicks solid... but the drums are in tune... a lot of producers here don't even tune their drums. good job overall.

please review mine... https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276054

thx, I got you....

First of all thanks for your feedback much appreciated although i was lookin for feed on the beats reel on the top of myspace its cool.

This beat im hearing is nice man. The chops are nice and casual but the drum sequencing doesnt seem to amaze me for some reason you just need to add a few more percs in at times and switch it up. nice mix too!

ToNeZ said:
First of all thanks for your feedback much appreciated although i was lookin for feed on the beats reel on the top of myspace its cool.

This beat im hearing is nice man. The chops are nice and casual but the drum sequencing doesnt seem to amaze me for some reason you just need to add a few more percs in at times and switch it up. nice mix too!

that is good idea....

What's good in the hood? Loved how you flipped the sample. Sounds clean and soulful. Real chilled. Get a sweet rapper on there and you are set!

FilthyRichKC said:
Great work.
I'm new around here, I'm guessing you are one of the heavy hitters..

actually, no....

people around here are more into gossip and egos but not music. I just do me and have discussions with people that at least respect what I say.

thx brotha...

PEACE

Back