New Heat!!! "2 Straps" (INSTRUMENTAL) By Lyrickz (FEED4FEED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrickz

What's good? This is the latest track I've finished, critique as you please!
And as always...all feedback gets returned.

drums are tight, had me noddin my head from the beginning, snares could use some reverb or eq, sounds kinda dry, feel like it kinda needed more bass, like an 808 bumpin in the back, i think that would make it bang a lil harder, pretty good overall, had my head noddin through the whole thing, keep em comin, stay righteous

dope shit. I'd bring in the orchestra hits at certain times instead of throughout the whole beginning. Since its presence in sound is greater, and since it's just changing a few notes, I start focusing it on that which makes the track a little monotonous. I do like the track when the orch stab goes out cuz you can really hear the rest of the things going on in the song. Good work but yea try and limit that orchestra hit to just the chorus. Sometimes less is more!

You don't need to feed me, but it'd be cool if you check out my song "Internationally Known" here:

If you like the track, follow me & I'll follow back.

Last edited:
yea this beat is dope af. i like the orchestra hits tho man. only issues might be some percussion sounds bein too loud or not eqed enough that rim hit kind of sits weird in the mix as well as the wood block sound. but other than those this is tight. i like your chants

That snare you used doesn't sound good, I would recommend that you replace it with a new sample entirely. Also, the pluck that gets solo'ed at 1:40 just doesn't sound right. I think if you focused more on sound selection the beat would be a lot better, but right now it sounds pretty amateur in terms of quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back