New Heart Beat Revised.....ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED

slik3

Vic J ( BASSTRANAUTS )
Listen to this beat i have been working on. Let me know what you guys think of it and how you like it. Any tips/advice would be appreciated as well. All Feedback will be returned. Just drop a link so that i can. Thanks

sturdybeats said:
I like it. The drums especially. Need to turn up the snare as its quiet in comparison to the kick.

If you want to elaberate on it maybe just instead of the single strings turn them into chords.

Thanks...How would i go about turning them into chords tho...probably add some effect right...And its that i have the snare in the same track as the kick thats y i cant edit it by its self. I did it to save some time. but Do u really think i need to back and fix it badly?

ANY MORE FEEDBACK....IF YOU LISTEN TO THE TRACK LEAVE A COMMENT PLEASE...THANKS

Last edited:
yeah stack up the root note of your strings into chords for a new part. I like the cymbals, thanks for the feedback on my stuff.

Kalandar Music said:
As my father always says... don't go back just fix it in the mix. You have a decent foundation with the track but it needs a strong arrangement and dynamic mix if its just going to be that loop.

BTW please review my song and give some feedback as well... thx https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276054

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. BUT JUST HOW DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GO ABOUT FIXING THE MIX TO MAKE IT SOUND "STRONGER" AND MORE "DYNAMIC" AS YOU SAY???
I RETURNED THE FEEDBACK

ANY MORE FEEDBACK GUYS?? WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. LET ME KNOW IF YOU AT LEAST LIKE IT. ALL FEEDBACK RETURNED

not really feeling this one. The mix needs to be tighter. The strings get a little repetitive to me but the drums and percussion are ok. I think I hear a bass with the drums but not sure. That would bring it out a little more. Just turn down some of the instruments and work on the mix and try to use some better the instruments. I think I can see what you're doing. IT sounds like the blur reverb on the keys which is usually a good effect but I'm not sure if you used it or not.
Keep working at it

slik3 said:
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. BUT JUST HOW DO YOU THINK I SHOULD GO ABOUT FIXING THE MIX TO MAKE IT SOUND "STRONGER" AND MORE "DYNAMIC" AS YOU SAY???
I personally like for my MIDI compositions to sound as real as possible unless its an electronica song. For example if I am using strings there are some layering techniques that work well. Also strings are often found in the ambient space of music not up front. This adds dimension to your song... you do also do not utilize the panoramic space of stereo... there is so much space that can be utilized by any number of the instruments you use at any given time... this adds depth to your composition... check out Bobby Owsinskis book on mixing... its very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back