New Feel good beat (Based of Norah Jones/Jesse Harris) F4F

thesoloist1914

Paradom Beats
Hey all Paradom again. I've been away for awhile because of school but now I'm back and ready to get back into creation. So earlier I thought of a beat and I was hoping to get some feed back about it. Here is the first draft of the song right here. I would really appreciate some feedback. I hear I have a problem with mixing so I guess you could consider this me checking my work lol. Tell me what you think!

Really like the melody you've got here. Nice and relaxed.
This is something i've been told in the past, so i figured i'd pass it on BUT don't necessarily its bad here at all - those 'Hey's might run the risk of ruining the vibe, since they are quite hype and everything is pretty mellow in comparison. I thought the drums could of controlled the beat abit more, didn't think the kick was heavy enough. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback.

Really like the melody you've got here. Nice and relaxed.
This is something i've been told in the past, so i figured i'd pass it on BUT don't necessarily its bad here at all - those 'Hey's might run the risk of ruining the vibe, since they are quite hype and everything is pretty mellow in comparison. I thought the drums could of controlled the beat abit more, didn't think the kick was heavy enough. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hey I appreciate your feedback man definitely. I'm still playing around with the mixing and stuff so eventually that might lead to me getting a heavier kick. As far the "heys" I'm gonna keep them in there for now because the idea I had is that it is a feel good beat. And later near the end of ,the song it goes into a "clap your hands" feel. Plus I actually have to extend the beat because the lyrics I'm writing for it actually make the song longer.

Its got kind of a go go swing to it. Not sure if it was intentional, its nice tho. Clean mix and clean chops. I've heard that sample flipped a couple different ways. This was the most pleasant and feel good sounding flip of this I heard. Nice work.

Its got kind of a go go swing to it. Not sure if it was intentional, its nice tho. Clean mix and clean chops. I've heard that sample flipped a couple different ways. This was the most pleasant and feel good sounding flip of this I heard. Nice work.
The swing feel was definitely intentional. In fact I alternate between swing and straight throughout the song. I'm glad to see that you enjoyed this flip. This is my first successful sample lol.

I don't like the drum sounds, but I don't really like electronic drum kits. Longer tones would be nice underneath the main melody. Everything sounds balanced though

You've got a really good ear for melodies, this is very catchy. I think the mix sounds fine, just raise the master volume a little bit. Other than that I like it, keep it up!

Sorry about the late feed my man. Anyways, I dig the beat. The instrumental composition is real on point and gives a nice vibe. I think the sound selection is cool too. However, percussively, I'm really not feelin it. The drums sound too digitized for my taste and the "hey/yeah" vocals are out of place imo. The beat that drops around 1:38 fits the beat more for me. I think for drums on these types of beats less is more. I think the mixing is straight personally, just the drums could be mixed a little better. There's some great tutorials on this forum. Anyway, I really think this beat has a lot of potential, and I think the composition is great! Keep at it! If you don't mind, return feed on my latest thread when you get a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...k/newness-beat-16-bars-kalex-100%-f4f-478791/

Back