New dubstep/electronic (or whatever) track

cnnc

Hello everyone! I just finished this track which I was working for couple ofhours. Then I stuck and couldnt do anything more. (I liked it that way anyway
smile.gif

I mostly need your comments/advices about the mixing I've done. I am trying to learn production in general (arrangement, musicality, mixing..) for a year. It's getting harder to learn some good tricks by myself though.

Here is the track:

I mostly need your comments/advices about the mixing I've done. I am trying to learn production in general (arrangement, musicality, mixing..) for a year. It's getting harder to learn some good tricks by myself though.

Try this as a rule of thumb, everytime you go to load up your program which ever it may be Ableton/Logic etc, watch a quick tutorial on something new on youtube and even if you leave your writing/mixing session with nothing worth continuing with or posting you will have at least learned something new for the next time you sit down to produce music.

I started 6 months ago and a mate of mine who's been doing it for years told me to do that and I've came a long way in 6 months considering how often I get to sit down to Ableton with all the other distractions in life - girlfriend, work, drinking etc... (Still so far to go though, the journey never ends ;))

Check out my page if you like:

Evoco - https://soundcloud.com/evoco_music

If you're going for a more dubsteppy song then you have a great intro, but it kind of starts to turn into fluff, but the way you ended this little demo for us you could easily have a bunch of drum samples hit in a very short time span, followed by some phrase and drop that B. So whatever's your cup of tea.

Back