Jazzy Hip Hop Beat (Any Feedback Appreciated)

YWM

Hey guys,

Im new to this forum so nice to meet you guys. Im new to beatmaking and i really enjoy doing it but i dont have many friends who do the same. So, I've decided to create my own youtube page to post up my beats. So far ive only posted one of my beats so i would really appreciate it if you guys could give any feedback that i can use to improve my beats in the future. I will def post up some more in the future!

Here are the links:

Joey Bada$$ Type Beat- Unwind (Prod.YWM) - YouTube

https://soundcloud.com/ywmbeats

Thanks guys

Bmbz for a great beat. The only thing I didn't like about it was that cow bell type of sound around 1.24 and it kicks in again towards the end if that sound was replaced it would be just right. Sorry I don't what to be banded for using proper English.
Sht nuk dat beet hitz hrd. I'z flo al ovr dat sht. pece.

The keys are really excellent.

The snare snaps a little too much to the fore - think the Rhodes is strong enough for the beat to simply underpin it rather than drown it, but all in all very impressive start.

yep have to work on compressing the drums so that it doesn't overwhelm the other frequencies/instruments. thanks for the feedback!

sup man appreciate the feed...ya just work on the drums a bit...the build up to the chorus is very nice...good start to your beat making..keep it up!

This is really good but imo it would even be better with added effects like wind chimes rain or scratches or even a vocal sample just to give it more scenery ^.^

thanks man, appreciate it . didnt use any samples for this. made this from scratch

Last edited:
some of those higher end instruments need soft cuts in the low end and more reverb, and those mid range percs feel abit too loud, abit off putting still smooth as ****.

funky, i like it. great percussion. I would add in some vocal samples to contribute melody. Great work, keep it up!

sounds dope :) i think it needs a little bit better mix otherwise good job

very nice, easy laid back style. maybe you could add another instrument after 8 bars but its cool. keep it up

Back