First Full Beat...

Vinnball

Just finished my first full beat with Fl Studio today.

I figured it would serve as a great learning experience to share my music and get some feedback, so feel free to tear me apart.

I do understand where you're coming from with the gutless statement. I really need to learn how to walk that fine line of keeping production sparse, but at the same time giving the track that oomph.

whats going on man. nice work on your first full beat its a great start.
since your just starting you still need a lot of work (you know this) practice makes perfect.
-the beat seems empty. need to be more full.
-your melody sounds are 2 low. turn them up
- make sure to work on your sound levels , some sounds are to loud while others you can barely hear
-mixing is key. separate each sound into its own channel and EQ the crap out of every sound. make them sound less muddy
-i like your synth but you just need to work on your drum placement. they are off
-use the metronome to make sure you stay on beat
over all its a great start man. all you gada do is keep working on it. look at lots of how to vids on youtube (like i did when i started)
and eventually you will have some nice music. keep it up!

check me out
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...beat-proud-give-me-some-crit-100%-f4f-469075/

I appreciate your in depth feedback, omar1009.

One day I hope I'm able to get to a level where I can create something along the lines of this Miguel- Adorn Instrumental - YouTube. Within the instrumental there aren't too many different sounds being used, but the song still sounds full and all the sounds work in a coherent manner.

As for your comments about mixing, that is something I definitely have to put my time into researching. If you know of any informative videos or webpages regarding that, it'd be great if you could send those my way.

Thanks again for giving me some concrete examples of what needs to improve.

i'm liking it, good start dude :) crits:

- the whole beat sounds a lil quiet
- the drums could use some beefing up, even more reverb would probably help. the bass drum is kinda lacking
- sounds a bit bare like others have said, a decent pad could maybe help
- some parts are off beat, easily fixable tho, use the metronome like omar said

keep at it :)

if you don't mind, leave some feed on my track https://www.futureproducers.com/for...tly-field-recordings-sad-469153/#post49755991

Last edited:
I'm grateful for all this feedback you guys have provided me with. I'll be sure to apply it in my future work. I also plan on going back and tweaking the track the best I can for now.

Back