First Ever Beat & Second Beat Snippet (F4F)

LABeatz

this is my first track i've finished feedback for future reference would be appreciated

Feedback for the second track is more important!

Last edited:
For the first one, the sample and trap horns don't go well together, plus the drum pattern is disjointed. The individual elements are ok, but nothing works together. You lack the context that comes from experience producing and listening to A TON of music, which is fixed over time. Keep working and focus on one concept.

I like the synths in the second one but if you're going to go a simple route, you really have to make sure your sounds are on point and both the synth and the drums could use some processing, but I'm not mad at the track. The horn gets grating after awhile and it doesn't feel unique but technically it is pretty good. Keep it up.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ck/sampled-trap-beat-f4f-471250/#post49766455

For the first one, the sample and trap horns don't go well together, plus the drum pattern is disjointed. The individual elements are ok, but nothing works together. You lack the context that comes from experience producing and listening to A TON of music, which is fixed over time. Keep working and focus on one concept.

I like the synths in the second one but if you're going to go a simple route, you really have to make sure your sounds are on point and both the synth and the drums could use some processing, but I'm not mad at the track. The horn gets grating after awhile and it doesn't feel unique but technically it is pretty good. Keep it up.

yeah i understand all of your response and see where you are coming from! any tips on the processing tips for the synths and drums? and its far from finished as i still have a load more mixing and arranging to do! also i feel its missing something! have you got any tips for the chorus because i changed it way to much in the first beat!

For the first beat, I would say there are too many different melodies clashing together. Just focus on one as the main melody throughout. Also the drum pattern is little too busy, simply the snare pattern in particular.

The second beat the melody is good but the drum pattern is still a little too busy, try pulling out some of snares hits till you have a real basic beat. Then build on that. This has potential keep at it.

If you got a minute, checkout my remix I did for a contest. All feedback welcome good or bad.
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...edback-100%-returned-f4f-471248/#post49766450

For the first beat, I would say there are too many different melodies clashing together. Just focus on one as the main melody throughout. Also the drum pattern is little too busy, simply the snare pattern in particular.

The second beat the melody is good but the drum pattern is still a little too busy, try pulling out some of snares hits till you have a real basic beat. Then build on that. This has potential keep at it.

If you got a minute, checkout my remix I did for a contest. All feedback welcome good or bad.
Thanks man! ill try that!! and ill definitely check it out tomorrow! but for now im going to sleep tired as F**k

Back