First BEAT on this forum F4F Hip Hop (experimental)

Soul Nomad

Yoow!

New here on this forum and i'd love to get some feedback on my new beat.
I'll be giving feedback back ofcourse!

Thanks allot

I like the grittyness of the sample, Drums def have potential. IMO mix should be cleaned up a bit. Carve out some space for other elements, mids could use a reduction a bit. Bottom end needs to be established. Once you do that I think it's good to go. how long have you been making beats?

Peep my the remix I did for Pharrell's Marilyn Monroe track off his new album below in my sig. Had a lot of fun making it.

I like the grittyness of the sample, Drums def have potential. IMO mix should be cleaned up a bit. Carve out some space for other elements, mids could use a reduction a bit. Bottom end needs to be established. Once you do that I think it's good to go. how long have you been making beats?

Peep my the remix I did for Pharrell's Marilyn Monroe track off his new album below in my sig. Had a lot of fun making it.

First off, thanks alot for taking the time to review my track.
I usually go over the top with masterying/eq because i get too exited when producing but you're definately right mid is waay to high.
I'll fix the kick too since you're right its too hard (volume wise)
I dont understand how i can carve out some space for other elements can you elaborate on this?
I'm gonna fix this one up first thing tomorrow morning (01:00 am here)

About your remix

I really like it allot, you got that Timbaland vibe going on ;) i like that.
Your mastering is good. 2:20 is hot too, i aint got much to add honestly its polished nicely :)
(You should send this to some blogs)

I've been making trip/hiphop on and off for 2-3 years now. been making allot of dutch house before that.

this was too chaotic and gritty for me, can barely hear what you're trying to do, however i do see potential in this. this needs to be cleaned up a bit and drums needs to be more prominent in my opinion
peace

https://soundcloud.com/gauskaos/desert-stalker/comment-167435255

Yo,

Thanks for the comment yeah im gonna try and remaster this whole thing.
Your sample is awesome but it gets kind of repetitive and maybe you should add a harder kick to it (but i go overboard usually with kicks and bass ;))

Last edited:
Back