Static Disturbance - Momentum (Original mix)

I'm still green in terms of production skills so I'll refrain from critiquing that. However as it relates to the way the song is received by a casual listener, I'd say it's a fine song. It does not feel vastly game-changing or unfamiliar in any way but that could be a reductive view from someone who doesn't listen to this type of club music often.

There is good movement from scene to scene, the song feels like a conversation that moves fluidly through topics but still remains coherent. All the same it does feel a liiiiittle same-y. Maybe you could have some chord changes or add a synth that changes the song to a minor key or something if your aim is to create a standalone song. However if you're just aiming to create something people can add to their DJ sets, it's pretty good. I don't know if it's 6 and a half minutes good but it's definitely a solid piece and the production, from what I can tell, is good.

Hope this was helpful in some way.

Sounds very professional, good job!
I'm not that fund of the bassline which I think sounds a little too loose, but that's more of a personal opinion than any issue. :)
The snare at 1:20 or so sounds little "old", but it's good if you're going for a more retro approach.
After the snare roll, you could have had more impact when the beat came back in, it feels like it more faded back in than started again with a punch in your face.
After the beat comes back in, you could add another melodic element, it doesn't have to be much.
Eventually, you should change how you articulate or play the pluck synth, or it gets a little repetitive. It's a nice sound, but perhaps add more notes, or change the melody or rythm?
Further on, you could make the pluck less repetitive by doing some more automations on for example the filter envelope, the filter itself, a highpass filter, the resonance etc, as well as blending in different FX here and there.
Lastly, how about another pluck sound that's maybe darker, and make them compete with eachother?

Back