Paradise - demo

dARTfader

Hi All,

I'm busy with my latest project called "Paradise". It's a mellow EDM-track @ a laid-back pace of 120 bpm. This is just a demo, so i will add more details later. Drop a comment if you feel like it.

This track has great potential!

If I were you I would dedicate some time to getting the groove as catchy as possible. Add more layers to the beat that complements what you have until you have one huge grabbing beat. Also experiment and try things that you believe can get the beat even more groovy.

Add some more percussion elements as the track goes on to keep the listener interested.

You need some more fatness in the bottom end in the melodies. Maybe add another pad an octave below the current one, and maybe add a bassynth as well an octave below the current bass.

On final tip, cut the volume severely when you produce, and now I challenge you to make the track as grabbing as possible.

Good luck! PM me when the track is done :) Looking forward to hear it!

i agree with steffesh, this could be huge, i think layers are definitely the way to go, i feel like the track lacks sub bass tho. the kicks pretty heavy, but i feel like the bass underneath the main riff should be prominent sub, thats just my thought

Hi,

Thanks for your advice. I added some layers at lower or higher octave and some hi-hat action. I think it's already improved. The latest version is up. Do you also think the bass is lacking presence?

Regards,
TMD

You took it to the next level, good job!
I can feel the song is grabbing me, and that's great. The track also sounds fat and full.

You can still evolve another level.
Add a fat and full (but not massive), probablt a little shorter layered clap-snare with the layers slightly off to eachother, with the classic rythm at desired level.
Bring up the kick a little.
Distort the bass a little. Also make it slightly "funkier" or how to describe it, by adding here and there very short notes an octave higher or other notes within the current octave, that should give the bass a little more feeling.
Add a highpass filter to remove the subbass in the bass sound in the break (or maybe even a sweeping bandpass if you want it a little more funky), so the listener can rest the ears. It will also create bigger impact when the beat comes back with the full bass.
Add some drive to the hihats with gentle distortion. Also add a little more transients to them.
Personally, I'd like a heavier sidechained compression, but I guess that's just my taste.

That's all for now I think, good luck!

Thanks again for your advice. i worked a little on the track, so feel free to listen to the latest version and drop some comments.

Back