New Progressive house track F4F

Hey,

First of all, interesting drums at the intro. Your track has a nice melody, but the buildup is a bit weird because you bring in a kick, then you cut it out and then you bring it back again with a clap and a snareroll to the drop. It's a bit confusing. The drop seems overcompressed or too limited, try some more sidechaining on your melody or cutting away low frequencies in the melody as only the bass and the kick need low frequencies. Correct me if I'm wrong. I still like your track and gave you a follow on SC :).

Could you give this a listen too and return feedback if you have time? https://www.futureproducers.com/for...use-dance/new-electro-house-track-f4f-486337/

Thanks!

Certain things that comes to my mind quickly:

* Try to add some complexity to the kick, its too generic
* Lower the treble ALOT on the track, makes it hard to listen to at certain points
* Try to vary the melody during the track since it seems like, accourding to the structure, to be based around the melodic elements. Which needs to be more interesting/evolving. Another aspect could be to add more focus on the rythmic part which makes the monotonic aspect of the melody okay.
* Add more reverb, particulary on the part thats bright and heavy on treble.

Good things I liked:

* The structure - buildup, verse, drop, buildup and so on.
* The sounds fit good together.
* Clear idea about the track

Hey! In general: The track has potential!

I was not sure if it wants to be a chill out (the nice epiano in the beginning) or an avicii-like song. If chill out, then I would make the breaks a lot smoother and less dance like. If you go for avicii, a kickin piano would be nice, so just add more layers to the synth, or make the synth more aggressive. And: the drums need to be much more compressed if it is a dance song. And maybe a bit less sidechain on the synths. I got a bit crazy on my headphones :D

The distorted bass at 2:50 did not fit in so well in my view. Was a bit too simple saw synth --> make it bigger with effects...

So far, bye :-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone else pretty much touched on everything. Instead of bring in the kick right away during the build up, trying using a snare in place of it then bring the heavy kick in at the drop. and ya, definitely watch some youtube videos or tutorials on EQing, that will help even out all your levels. You can see the soundwave is pretty flat, it should be more dramatic than that. I like your melody though and the track does all fit together well, just needs touched up. Keep it up!

Here's mine if you've got time for feedback https://www.futureproducers.com/for...promise-jay-nebras-midnight-remix-f4f-486299/

Really like the idea of the chord progression in this track! I can see that you've got the general idea of the track down, but the execution didn't come out too well.

I think the track itself has no real focus and is kind of all over the place. But that's not a bad thing because you've got a bunch of ideas! My favorite part was the simplicity of 2:19. It's just the kick running with the melody bouncing around really nicely. I really think that kind of structure is what the track needs. If you ran a bass underneath while the kick is running, you'll be able to come up with some more complex chords too. Nevertheless, I could live with the structure you've got now.

I think the EQ'ing is the biggest thing with this track. Everything sounds very "thin" and there's not a lot of power. It kinda feels like there's a smiley face EQ on your master. (A big dip in the mids). With a melodious track like this, the mids (especially the low mids) are what make things sound really good.

Once you have a lot more experience producing, this is certainly a track you should revisit.

Mind giving me a listen too?
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...vel-vocal-remix-progressive-house-f4f-486409/

Nice intro :)
I would change the kick maybe and SC the song.
I agree with people about the rise you need to add snare and work more on EQ :)
btw nice melody :)

Back