MY FIRST TRACK. (house)

Nice vibe, but I agree, this also sounds like it was pushed up really hard with a limiter. I recommend pulling your levels down (and maybe strip your compressors if you used them) and then re-uploading. It will be easier to critique your mix that way.

Nice track, I really like the melody.
But you need to work on your mixing, the drop had an amazing melody but didn't have the required energy.

I like the idea here, the melody and the builds sound really good. I wish there was more bass, though. Perhaps a simple bass line added in the drops? And like others have said it seems overly compressed. But otherwise great job!

haha, if that's overcompressed, then I have a bit to learn lol

the bass is really low for the track though, getting it just right is gonna be hard if compressing that hard. What I found best for mastering/mixing EDM is to start with a -6 db overhead on your highest instrument mixing everything as leveled as possible to your desire. From there, apply your EQ, then Multi-band compressions, then de-esser, then limit that ****er till your ears bleed (just kidding on the last lol), but overall, I see EXACTLY where you are going with this and I think it has the potential to be something bro.

Back