First House Track (looking for feedback)

I really enjoyed listening to this. I particularly enjoyed the way you introduced and built up the track, got me moving and drew in my attention effectively. I'm glad you supported everything with so much sub bass, it filled up the space really effectively. Your buildup/transition sounds are awesome. That main big one is really high quality. I would have used more reverb on your hats to give them more space and to make them feel a bit less edgy. I also feel your snare/clap sounds would have benefited from some reverb and maybe some more gain to make them more present. A good way to make your kick/snare sounds more prominent is by using sidechain compression. I'd be happy to share with you how to do that if you're unfamiliar. This is a jammin track, really cool considering its one of your first that you're feeling better toward. I look forward to hearing more.

I really enjoyed listening to this. I particularly enjoyed the way you introduced and built up the track, got me moving and drew in my attention effectively. I'm glad you supported everything with so much sub bass, it filled up the space really effectively. Your buildup/transition sounds are awesome. That main big one is really high quality. I would have used more reverb on your hats to give them more space and to make them feel a bit less edgy. I also feel your snare/clap sounds would have benefited from some reverb and maybe some more gain to make them more present. A good way to make your kick/snare sounds more prominent is by using sidechain compression. I'd be happy to share with you how to do that if you're unfamiliar. This is a jammin track, really cool considering its one of your first that you're feeling better toward. I look forward to hearing more.

Thanks! As you noticed i spent a lot of time on the drop compared to the rest of it. Glad it showed. I did some compression an side chaining but I'm still learning about it so I know i prob can do a way better job. I appreciate the response and I'd be glad to learn anything you can show me to improve.

Thanks! As you noticed i spent a lot of time on the drop compared to the rest of it. Glad it showed. I did some compression an side chaining but I'm still learning about it so I know i prob can do a way better job. I appreciate the response and I'd be glad to learn anything you can show me to improve.

I'd be glad to share anything I can with you that will aid in you in your musical process. Take a listen to the song in my signature, it's the first I've posted on my new venture of putting more energy into individual pieces than I ever have. If there are any sounds or techniques you hear in it that spark your interest, I'd be more than happy to explain to you exactly how to produce them.

Last edited:
To start of with there's very little going on in this track, the synth sounds you've used are nice and clean, and for being relatively new in the game, it doesn't sound half bad. However I felt the track is hollow and empty, lacking some feeling, warmth and excitement in it. You could have spent more time building this up, pay more attention to detail, and introduce some new synths and parts that would give the listener a sense of progression. The notes in your lead melody feel random and a little bit sloppy. I guess what I'm really trying to say with all this is, where's the heart?!

My advice to you is jump on to the next project, keep experimenting and develop your skills, it'll get better if you stick to it and don't get discouraged by my comments, I'm only really telling you how I hear this in order to help you out a bit.

If you're interested after all this, you could have a listen to one or my tracks or check out my soundcloud page for more dance oriented music. Cheers!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-house-dance/why-dont-we-see-chillout-491590/

To start of with there's very little going on in this track, the synth sounds you've used are nice and clean, and for being relatively new in the game, it doesn't sound half bad. However I felt the track is hollow and empty, lacking some feeling, warmth and excitement in it. You could have spent more time building this up, pay more attention to detail, and introduce some new synths and parts that would give the listener a sense of progression. The notes in your lead melody feel random and a little bit sloppy. I guess what I'm really trying to say with all this is, where's the heart?!

My advice to you is jump on to the next project, keep experimenting and develop your skills, it'll get better if you stick to it and don't get discouraged by my comments, I'm only really telling you how I hear this in order to help you out a bit.

If you're interested after all this, you could have a listen to one or my tracks or check out my soundcloud page for more dance oriented music. Cheers!
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-house-dance/why-dont-we-see-chillout-491590/

totally agree. still got a long ways to go. Making something new right now that is already a lot better.

Hello!
That's really nice for a first track. I noticed many ideas.
Maybe too much bass. Whynot add some strings?
My advice would be to spend more time on your kick. That's the most important (to me).
And keep working!

Back