Danny Darko remix comp entry F4F

K.Robinson

Check out my entry for the "butterfly (like a)" remix competition, let me know what you think! All feed will be returned! Thanks

Really clean stuff man, I like it. The drop is cool but I think it would be more banging if it were more powerful. Enhancing the melody/chords/bass with soundgoodizer, maximizer or limiters, idk but that's just my opinion. Still a great track, I hope your remix will rank high in the competition. I gave you a follow on SC man, cool stuff :)

Could you give this a listen too if you have time for it? https://www.futureproducers.com/for...use-dance/new-electro-house-track-f4f-486337/

A nice idea with the track, and I can hear its potential.

The first thing I noticed is that the singer sounds a little bit unstable sometimes, so you might want to pitch correct it to make it more even.
Though if you're the kind of person who doesn't want to manipulate a singer's performance, then it's fine.

The next thing is that the snare in the rising section is a bit off the tempo, check your latency in the mixer, and check if theres any "empty space" before the sample.

You could use a little more "booming" bright effects in the start of the chorus. Also add heavier sidechained compression, and bring up the kick a little bit, also make it thumpier and give it more bass.

The clap in the chorus is too low and too weak, add more sampled to complement it and make one full sound, and bring it up a bit.

Your white noise in the chorus is too static, making it be in the way for the music. If you're gonna use white noise, make sure that it pumping enough, so it doesn't become an annoying hiss in the sound.

A nice idea with the track, and I can hear its potential.

The first thing I noticed is that the singer sounds a little bit unstable sometimes, so you might want to pitch correct it to make it more even.
Though if you're the kind of person who doesn't want to manipulate a singer's performance, then it's fine.

The next thing is that the snare in the rising section is a bit off the tempo, check your latency in the mixer, and check if theres any "empty space" before the sample.

You could use a little more "booming" bright effects in the start of the chorus. Also add heavier sidechained compression, and bring up the kick a little bit, also make it thumpier and give it more bass.

The clap in the chorus is too low and too weak, add more sampled to complement it and make one full sound, and bring it up a bit.

Your white noise in the chorus is too static, making it be in the way for the music. If you're gonna use white noise, make sure that it pumping enough, so it doesn't become an annoying hiss in the sound.

Thanks for the detailed feed, I've tried to fix those aspects

Very cool track, thanks for sharing! The vocals are great, excellent stereo spread. Could probably add even more reverb to make it really dreamlike. I'm really enjoying the bass as well. I think sidechaining your bass more aggressively to the kick in the intro could give your kick more presence early on, it seems appropriately sidechained during the chorus. The mix in general is nice, but sounds a bit aggressive in the high end. I would suggest checking the higher end frequencies for noise, maybe around 10k, and EQ them out. The arpegio in the mid is a nice touch. Excellent work! :)

Appreciate your feedback as well: https://soundcloud.com/showclothes/estelle-american-boy-show-clothes-remix

The chord progression is just perfect with the melody. I had to listen this again, somehow this is just catchy.
Awesome guitar sound at the beginning! Real recording or some dope vst? The chorus needs some pads behind the main lead. It feels like there is some space to fill. But no questioning, this is a dope track. Keep it up!

Back