Banger?

Cl4y

What do you all think? Honest opinions please! I tried to mix it in key as best as possible.

How long time do you usually spend making a track? Because I get the impression that you spend too little time on your tracks, since you post new tracks here very frequently.

Last edited:
I figure I'm just doing this for fun and I don't do official releases( why try I'm still amateur) but i have a lot of projects that are half done that I come back to at times that's why I will put 2-3 up one week then not out anything up for like 2-4 more weeks. I would say I spend anywhere from 4 hours to 3 weeks on a track. I'm still amateur so I appreciate any constructive criticism you have. This site and others also help me make edits on them for things that don't add up or just whatever ideas you all have that I like.

Last edited:
Well I think it sounds quite nice production-wise, but I'm just always pretty annoyed with the overuse of "yoys". I'd try to use that element to accent something or at the end of a phrase or fill,but not make it the center of the track as that can get quite annoying quite quickly. But I'd say you did a good job all in all. How long have you been producing?

You need to work on your arrangement, as well as transitions. Transitionswise you have nice risers in a few places, but you need small sounds and longer and subtles sounds that prepare the listener that something's about to happen, as well as booming sounds and so on.
Your tracks are also a bit overcompressed.

But priority 1 imo is focusing on evolving in the arrangement. Sometimes it's like you have 10 songs trying to fit within 1 song. Spend some more time deciding what theme on the track you really want.
Sadly you can't evolve that much in the arrangement if you have a bunch of half finished tracks lying around that you want to finish, since you've already produced a bit of them, making it hard to start fresh, and sometimes hard to apply the feedback (and this is a lot of feedback).
So try to make a new track from scratch, and stick to it until you're done with it, don't put it aside while you make another track and so on.
Let it be the one you focus on and put all your effort to in order to evolve. Maybe do like this for 3 songs, that should hopefully do a lot.
Of course every producer needs his own kind of workflow, and many producers need to have a bunch of tracks lying around and shifting between them, but this is for educational purposes.
Then you can go back your ordinary routine of producing.

Also, make sure that you listen to your track at a low volume when producing it.

And go into a phase when you learn all the technical stuff until it's in the back of your head, so you may focus on the artistic stuff, because I think it would be necessary by listening to your tracks.

I bet you sit there thinking "how on earth is this supposed to be fun?". Well, you need to struggle sometimes.
And I promise that it will be a lot more fun when you later sit there with all the new knowledge that you've acquired! :)

Thanks. I'm going to focus on the arrangement portion first and go from there. I appreciate the tips dude.

Back