Cloudy Trap Instrumental - The Icebox. (Feedback Returned)

BassCrack

Here's a new Cloud/Trap instrumental i've made. Give it a listen and hit me with some feedback. Feedback returned as well. Let me know what you think.

Definitely a cloud rap track for sure. I'm really feelin the delayed piano parts and the skittering hats. You mixed this really nice and I think that a good trap rapper or even an R&B singer would sit nicely within this beat. I feel like it go all the way from a Main Attraktionz/A$AP/Schoolboy beat to a Ty Dolla $ign/August Alsina type beat.

My one tip would be to add some automation on that pad. Maybe some filter automation to let the pad flow and ebb with the drums if you know what I mean. I think it just use a little more work to really set it apart. Overall though, I'm really feelin this.

Check me out if you get a chance: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...mpled-based-hip-hop-beat-472092/#post49770487

My one tip would be to add some automation on that pad. Maybe some filter automation to let the pad flow and ebb with the drums if you know what I mean. I think it just use a little more work to really set it apart. Overall though, I'm really feelin this.

I've got quite a few filters on the pad, how would I go about getting that sound you are suggesting?

And thanks man, really appreciate the feedback. Checked out your track.

Last edited:
I really liked this- my only recommendation is that with the portamento pad, it seems to be poling up in that 200-300 hz range...i'd recommending taming that with a highpass or at least panning it away from the bass to let the mix breathe. alternately, consider putting copies on left and right and pitch shifting one of them by about 3 cents....that will open a ton of space for you to showcase your bass and drums in the center while allowing the pad to continue to play a role. Please check out my track here and give feedback. great composition/production on this one and nice selection of sounds.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...phop-track-vast-all-feedback-returned-472135/

Hey man good job, the flow of this is all really chill and sounds a little ambient, Only thing i want to hear more is your hats, try turning them up i feel like they are to quiet also wouldn't hurt to throw in some extra percussion like some rides or crashes that drag out to emphasize the start of your lines, other than that sounds great man! good job

Really good man. Pad sounds dope and the piano compliments it really nicely in the break. The filtering of the beat during the transitions sounds really smooth. Melodies are on point and it has a really chilled feel to it due to the instrumentation. Good structuring too, keeps it being repetitive. I only have one very minor suggestion, and that is I'd go for a more synthetic feeling, 808 type snare. The one you have at the moment feels a bit organic and warm. That might just be me though. This is a really solid beat overall, keep up the good work.

I really liked this- my only recommendation is that with the portamento pad, it seems to be poling up in that 200-300 hz range...i'd recommending taming that with a highpass or at least panning it away from the bass to let the mix breathe. alternately, consider putting copies on left and right and pitch shifting one of them by about 3 cents

I agree, if you cut the pad a bit somewhere down there, it'll make it sound a little tighter. That's def my only criticism; the low end just has to open a little. But otherwise, I'm likin the vibe of the track! I never heard of cloud rap before, but it's interesting.

This beat needs a little work with the mastering:

- The drums do not have any life to them. Try to add some reverb to them and maybe a slight delay.
- Also, I would try to practicing EQing your sounds. Start with the drums to give it that punchy sound. You can take out a lot of low end with the other sounds so it doesn't take the kick's space.
- The high little sound that "da-duh-da" sounds little off place and off key.

I suggest searching up some tutorials for mixing and mastering on YouTube. Keep up the work.

Back