Aurora (Progressive Trap)... I think?

nice, i like the way you experiment with sounds! i dont really think i have anything negative to say about this :)

let me know what u think about this: beta.inqome.se/bigskyremix.mp3

(mixing is not quite done and drops is kind of weird but any other thing u can point out i'd be glad!)

The beginning is pretty catchy! I like how the track starts and how there are so many different elements incorporated. I would have stopped the vocals at some point and put them back in the end because I thought they sounded too repetitive but overall I really enjoyed this!

It was actually tough finding a balance of how often I should have the vocals playing. I took them out in some areas, but then everything sort of felt empty. I put effects through the whole way to try to keep em from sounding to repetitive.

But anyway, glad you liked it! Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Last edited:
Nice idea and I like the idea of fusing trap with progressive. Overall I think some more layers and movement and could be added in the right places to lift the track more. Good job.

Thanks guys, yea I feel you both. My first time doing that kind of track, so I'll probably do a few more in that style.

Like what you've tried here. In terms of melody i think spot on.

Think this could really benefit from some non dubstep drums (which is just my preference though i just find them too heavy and seem to work in a limited drum pattern) and some sound effects to help you build that suspense around your drop. Thought the kick in the intro was slightly too soft and the vocal was also abit too loud in the mix but instead of turning these down you could probably find more room for them by EQing and panning them slightly.

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
That's a really nice track, it's like aggressive and soft at the same time some how. Although I feel that around the 1:45 area the vocal samples are a little too loud. And maybe the same problem around 4:15. Other than that its a cool track with some really nice ideas in it. I like it when it picks towards the end too.

I'm actually surprised, I had no idea the vocals were too loud. That's good to know though; I can use this track as a bit of a reference for future ones with vocals to help control levels. Thanks for the kind words guys! I appreciate it.

OceanJams: Awesome man, that really means a lot :D

I'll def rock your tracks in a few hours once I get a chance.

Back