4 Beats in One - Primo, JDilla, Madlib influenced

Tha5thElement

Govt. Flyboy/Producer/MC
Trying out some new stuff as far as sampling goes. Ripped the drums off of old soul records, sampled from random/rare/obscure sources and even used a sample off of the "Flip This Thread". Going for that Old School Boom-Bap feel.

View attachment 17241

All Feedback Returned So Leave Links!!!

Thats hot!, it does sound old school. Gr8 samplin skills

Really nice when the piano drops in.

The strings bit was good aswell.

I enjoyed the second and the third beat the most....that was some dope sampling broo....but i was hating the gunshots they got kind of annoying...nice drums too by the way...the other beats i wasnt feeling as much....but they were ok as well not that bad....Overall it was pretty nice... What equipment you using broo just wondering??....Check my new one out!

https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261817

Great Work

Im really diggin these beats man..smooth piano samples are present
and my fav is the beat which starts at 1:15 , i would rip it up gladly..
real neat work man u got a soundclick or somethin?

slik3 said:
...i was hating the gunshots they got kind of annoying.... What equipment you using broo just wondering??
I'm on FL Studio 8 XXL, and used my MPD 16 for all the samples. I was pretty much playin those "live" then adj. a bit to get them exactly where i wanted them.

wattabottles said:
...u got a soundclick or somethin?
yea, but i haven't updated it in a min. Check out Tha5thElement.com
There i got a bunch of my beats (Like 70+) and raps.

PlayBoyMusic said:
Im feelin the second track i like how you put a swing on your drums!
Yea, had to get that swing crackin! Thats what i meant by "dilla influenced". I got that swing on FL now, so its CRACK4YaEars All Day!!

Drums is knockin like crazy. Samples are nice. The only thing that I didn't hear was some nice basslines. When I think of dilla I always think of a thick azz jazzy azz bassline. Most of it seemed pretty premo style to me though you did capture the feeling very wel. Good ****. If you have time, check my new stuff on the front page.

First one:
- VERY nice. all I can say is gate and turn down the snare.

Second one:
- I love the piano melody, this one seems better mixed

Third one:
- That sample is killer, I love it. Bad snare returns again.

Fourth one:
- Strings are nice, but that damn snare again.

My one recommendation is to start looking up how to gate snares. That just seems to be the one sticking point with all of these. Just turn the snare down and gate it.

Other than that, You've got mad potential and it really shows in your tracks.

Feed Link:
https://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261855

Back