Soulful Joey Bada$$ Type Beat (F4F!)

What rhodes are you using? If not a sample, I need that library! I like this a lot, but once again I feel your drum sounds are letting down the dope melodies. The pattern in this one is good, but the samples don't all go together. I would also reccomend adding in some more elements near the end for some build and to keep it interesting.

didnt sample this. playing the rhodes myself =D. im using neo soul keys vst by gospel musicians man, the sounds are real dope, you should check it out if your intersted. haha yeah im contemplating abbout getting the stix drums u recommended but im low on cash atm. which part of sounds off to you btw?

The arragement is too nice that it distracts me to find any negatives lol, but maybe the horns or trumpet can sit a bit nicer in the mix i guess other than that loving it sounds like something that can be sampled/flipped.

Real Tight track, I would add a bit of reverb to the trumpet but other than that, real tight groove. I'm diggin it.

This is hot man! The drums are perfect, you have to go gritty and thick with the types of elements you are using, like that rhodes...it just screams for drums like this, so good choice on that. One suggestion I'd made is maybe add some organ behind it, something thick and not too crazy with a little tremolo on it, it will add another layer on there to really thicken up your wall of sound and will mesh well with the rhodes. Maybe some strings too, nothing too crazy, just real subtle. Other than that, tighten up the mix and it's perfect, nice work!

thanks for the feed man. will keep in mind about the subtle tremolo and strings to add for ambience for future beats. thanks for the advise man really appreciate it

I started bobbing my head to it as soon as the drums came in, the groove is on point. With these type of beats, I sometimes find they don't got the right energy, but with all the melodies you packed into it (specifically that Rhodes, shit sounds so smooth), yuu really kept it interesting the whole time.

Dope beat, I could definitely hear someone using this.

Last edited:
Love it, chilled n slow. Def one of those "come in the house, kick your shoes off, light up and relax" kind of songs.

Drums could be a bit thicker etc. but the groove is tight.

And you got some soul in those fingers :0

Last edited:
like that beat, it chilling and slow the kicks can be little thicker...like the bass it sounds good...

good job man !! keep it up !

Excellent marketing with the picture for the beat. I feel sensations of calmness come to me when I hear it. If anything, it sounds predictable and repetitive at first glance. You add some change up to it and thats good, but it doesnt grip my soul. It amazes me how you have such emotion tied into the beat though. I clap for that. Great Job. As I'm listening to it now I hear more of the variance in it. So its not necessarily predictable. To me it sounds real good but not perfect to me and its hard for me to descibe what I'm feeling when I listen to it. Except it doesnt tickle my ears. Maybe I just want it to be something that its not like Hot thing Talib Kweli. Its good how it is.

Yo the quality and melodies of the rhodes type of piano is super good. Love that. I think the trumpet/brass pares in comparison and you should get a new vst sound for that or just put some more reverb on it and bring it back even more. I like the vibe, the drums sound great too.

nice vibe to it, i can dig that... melodies are on point, but like most people said, id work on those drums a lil bit more, use closed hi hats to give it some groove, and that metal percussion is kinda annoyin after a while...

but keep it up fam, im digging this joint so far!

damn, i like it! its got some dope drums and the bassline sounds great as well!
nice beat with a smooth outro, keep up the good work!

Silky man, likin the sound of the percussion aswell, i wanted some thicker bass but the vibe is definitely chilled as ****

Back