Shoegaze? (feed4feed)

ST4N

so one day I put a lot of reverb on some guitar and eventually a whole song came out of it.. any opinions on anything?

Great atmosphere.
Reminds me of BRMC's newer/mellow stuff.

I like the little chimes and twinlkes you added in the background sound. The drums seem mixed fairly well. I might suggest you slightly turn down the lead melody in the last quarter of the song, the snythlike sound is what I am talking about. Also i think since the track is so smooth and re-listenable you could make it longer, but its smart to keep the people wanting more i guess. I think some slight panning (very slight) to the piano may be a good idea. I would also consider putting the drums as a whole through a stereo enhancer and making them more mono in the first part and more wide as the song progresses so it has an even bigger/evolving feeling. There are some parts that have just a bit too much going on causing almost a distortion like quality. im talking about moments like 2:07 where im guessing you have a synth opening up just a tad too much at too bright of a sound. that is just a minor knitpick i have. Great track though man, i would totally buy an album of this.

If you have some time, i would love some feedback on my track. It has issues and i just need someone to find some for me. thanks and have an awesome day.

oh wow, what a heartwarming comment :) thanks for the tips, I have probably pushed it too much in the master compressor so it's noticeable in some parts

Back