Rock Sh*T and Brick City

Hey man, really good tracks!

Rock Shit I really love the atmosphere and the feel of track; I feel it all fits together really well. From a personal perspective I believe some of the sounds were too loud in the mix. The synth that first kicks in at 0:28, to me, is too loud. I believe the synth would be better suited a little lower in the mix, still so you can clearly hear the synth, but just so it compliments the guitar. I feel the guitar really gives the track the feel and with the synth being the volume it is at the moment, may destroy this. Just something to think about, it all depends what you want the main focus of the track to be. This being said, maybe some reverb to add an extra 'epic-ness' edge to the guitars may help with this. Also, I believe the cymbals, hats and all other elements around this nature were also a little too loud in the mix. Again, they should be there in the mix, but not overpowering; like before, you want these elements to compliment the other elements, not to overtake them. Again, this is just advice but the kick could maybe come through the mix a bit more, maybe a slight low end boost. But, all of this being said, I really like the track. I believe it's got potential, really well mixed, so clashing or muddy-ness. Done a really good job of the track.

Brick City, I love how you've achieved the serious mood of the track. Good use of synths and layers to create a sense of space and seriousness. Not sure if there's anything I can really say about this track. All the elements are well balanced, nothing too quiet or nothing too prominent. really well mixed in the sense of space, clarity etc. Again, good use of instruments and sounds. One thing I could suggest but could be more of a genre difference, is the structure. Depending what you want out of the track, it could be an idea to add a break down and have a serious ambience, maybe some shout out vocals or a movie line? (obviously depending what you're going to do with the track - legal issues with movie clips) and bring in all these serious synths and sounds etc. Then to go back into the main beat.

Overall, these things are my opinion, they may not apply or you may not agree. You've got some seriously good beats. Well mixed for clarity, sound pretty professional, great moods and sounds too them. I hope my critique helped, all the best :)

Back