Newest track of mine, titled "トクベツ" or "Special"

UtaYamato

Newest track of mine, titled "トクベツ" or "Special"

"Tokubetsu" by Uta Yamato

The vocals are created with a sampling based synthesizer called "UTAU", which is similar to the program VOCALOID by Yamaha.
With UTAU, users can manipulate vocal samples to sing their songs by inputting a melody and lyrics. (Are you familiar with Hatsune Miku?) With UTAU, you can even create your own voice database using samples of your own voice.

The program is made for Japanese language, but Western users have figured out ways to make it sing in English.

The character/vocal database seen and heard here is named "Row Kemonone" (獣音ロウ)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

personal feelings/bias: I dont like this kinda music, and I dont mean foreign. I dont like this kind of sound, idk how else to put it. BUT I know there are a ton of people who do like that kind of thing.

I thought the harmonies around 1:50 were tight though
and the breakdown at the end before the last chorus was ****IN SICK

I think it shouldve ended after the breakdown. had a doomed and damned feeling to it that I liked.
I also HATE when pop songs do a final chorus up a key, I think its very cheesy. but again there are many people who dont even notice that and like it

quality wise everything was pretty clean and sounded good

Latest:

AAAH, I LOVE IT!
they sound so smooth and clear, which is rare for utau nowdays
The song has a great, calming feel to it
but i feel that it could use some more tuning tho
overall, good job!

the song was enjoyable. i think the automated tuning was nice being a little on the simple side. going overboard with unrealistic ranges is something i do not enjoy. nice work!
the voice program got me thinking... might be a good way to insure your voice and even if you lost it, could still create new vocals for future music.

Back