Made a slide guitar song. Would love ideas to improve future songs like this.

dubwell

This song started off in standard guitar tuning if I recall correctly. But as of this final version it was done in an open D, meaning instead of EADGBe it was in DADF#AD. I played the main slide part on my lap with a metal slide bar in my left hand and my right hand finger picking. I played it again and again, each time with a different progression and underlining melody just winging it. After many many many many many attempts I ended up with this version. I totally shot future me’s self in the foot since I didn’t write down the notes or anything… Besides that, I went through again with FPC drums and made them all unique as possible within my limits without going crazy with it. I did a whole bunch of playing some lead licks and then reversing some of it as well. I then put the guitar back in standard tuning and tried some lead in sections and accidentally creating a whole other groove that starts early but you don’t really hear till 0:59 seconds till 1:43. People who listen to music too closely will hear some guitar around 1:20 which was a little lick I made, then lowered in pitch and volume. Also at 1:11 you can hear some 1st position licks and chords played then pitched up an octave. At the end of the song you hear some weird circuit-like noises, that is actually my open D string then me really messing with the delay pedal live. Why? Because I liked it. Oh and I don’t know how to play harmonica but I tried anyways in the 1st half of the song. I got sort of cocky and added some slight gross beat to the last instances of the harmonica to give it a bounce. Besides that it was just a lot of boredom and lil noises I made for fun.
If you want to use my song just PM me and let me know what it is for. 99% of the time I will let you use it no problem.
Equipment and software:
FL-Studio 12
a Lyon chorus pedal and a Donner Yellowfall delay pedal on my Jackson js20 electric and another custom made guitar recorded with my M-Audio fast track. Sennheiser HD 518 Headphones and some old dying monsoon speakers. Big Muff Pi and also some old Harmonica.

I am more than happy to provide some feedback on your track if you provide some feedback that I can use. Thanks you guys!

I like it. The musicality is awesome. Just work on production a bit to make the track sound louder. Compression and what not.

awesome idea. I never ever realize how soft my tracks are until after i release them and i have to turn up the volume to hear them.

Back