Maan... I've spent so long on this it just doesn't sound real anymore.

I understand what you mean. But no it's quite excellent. From the production side, I'm still learning but it sounds near perfect to me so nothing there.

I'm not familiar with your work so pardon me if this goes against your goals etc., but to me all I wanna hear is some powerhouse vocalist belting overtop of it. I think the guitars bring an edge to it that bring it from the realm of symphony into more of a performance feel. And I want to hear that performance. Just my two cents. Regardless though, it's great

I understand what you mean. But no it's quite excellent. From the production side, I'm still learning but it sounds near perfect to me so nothing there.

I'm not familiar with your work so pardon me if this goes against your goals etc., but to me all I wanna hear is some powerhouse vocalist belting overtop of it. I think the guitars bring an edge to it that bring it from the realm of symphony into more of a performance feel. And I want to hear that performance. Just my two cents. Regardless though, it's great

Wow, thanks! Yeah, when you're working on something for too long you sort of lose sense of what sounds good and what doesn't. I certainly had that here... I can tell now that this isn't bad. I think it sounds somewhat less clear and a bit muffled compared to other tracks in the same genre but I like it. Your comments certainly boost my confidence about how my music is sounding in the production, so thanks for that.

As for vocals, I am actually an operatic metal-y powerhouse singer of sorts myself. A symphonic metal album is definitely something I've toyed with in the past and is certainly something I want to do at some point.

Wow, I actually had a symphonic metal concept album started which I really need to get back on the agenda. Esepcially now I have decent software and I'm not using Logics balls preset libraries. This was a demo that I'd gotten for 1 track and now i listen back I should get on this. But vocals isnt' an issue if I did want to go that way.

(Ignore the 1st minute if you did want a listen)

Last edited:
I listened and do you know the band Kamelot? You sound a heck of a lot like them. Which is good I love them. I also love concept albums so yes....get that on the agenda.... then let me know when its done haha

Although which software do you use? I agree that Logic(mine too) has awful software instruments but I quite like everything else about it. Was that your only issue with it?

Wow...

My want to write this symphonic metal concept album stemmed from the Epica and Black Halo albums. And my voice is practically modelled on Roy Khan which is probably why you think I sound like them.
Yes, I do know Kamelot. Quite well. Although I'm not terribly keen on their newer stuff. Tommy is a fantastic Vocalist and is ridiculously sensational for Seventh Wonder but there's something 'dark' that I love about the Roy Khan Kamelot, they seem more mainstream now.

I'm sill on Logic. I was taught how to use it through school so i know it extremely well and find it great for practically anything. But as you can tell with the demo, it sounds.... Ok, with their standard libraries but not in any way a profesional standard quality. When my laptop bust, I invested in an Imac, still running Logic but ploughed more resources into Kontact and better sound libraries from Native Instrumetns, Heavyocity, SoundIron etc, ect. Next step would be probably to get some effects on board. I find some of Logics VSTs such as the reverbs and compressors, limiters, etc, to be a bit limited in their capabilities. (perhaps I just suck at creating reverb)

Last edited:
I really dig the feeling you got going on and I also could see this in a game.
Though I have to say it's not perfect. There is too much clutter in the mid-range. You need to eq a bit better, the guitar clashes with the strings.
The guitar-disto sounds too digital for my taste. If you have any other disto-pedals somewhere or a different effect in your daw, try to change that and play a bit with this.
This might also free up the mid range a bit or make it less cluttered.
Percussion could be louder depending on how much "oomph" you want in your track.
But I really dig it, keep on the good work

Last edited:
Back