[F4F] I really need some feedback on my song structure.

dubwell

Any help you throw my way will be loved and I will try to leave some feedback your way.

https://soundcloud.com/circuit-bored/real-honest-feedback-needed/s-Yveoj

Ok so this song is far from done. I would really like some help though. Now is the stage of the song where I start to iron out the audible wrinkles and rearrange the space of the song so to speak. Let me just address some problems I have seen with this song.First off the mix sucks. I don't know what approach to start with it though. What element should be more focused on than others? Here is my main major issue I have. The songs first 2 main parts from 0:00-0:51 and 1:27-2:29 flow into each other with some decent transitions and build on each other with similar music motifs as some fancy people would say. The 3rd act (2:37+) doesnt feel like part of the song though. I would usually just axe it and make the song short, but I have really grown to like this part of the song. Like a lot, and I usually dislike most of my stuff. I think I can fix the issue with some rearranging of the song, but I'm stuck. I could maybe tie the song together by having it transition to a retelling of the first 2 parts agin, but blending it has shown to be really difficult. Any ideas of how I should approach the structure of the song would be much-loved.

As for the song itself, all of it is guitar with the exception of the Sound FX played at some points and some synths I used for a pad in a few spots of the song. Also the drums. The bass is guitar, and the groove is guitar along with some sound effects created by using a wah wah pedal and reversals.

Please post a link to your song/forum page that I can leave feedback on.

I think the basic structure of the song is perfectly good. As you say the transitions are working, the latest transition is a bit disjointed but I feel like that is not so much a structure problem but a parts/production problem. It feels like this tune could do with a vocal, something dreamy or whatever and that would really guide how you would make the production and then the arrangement work. That last section for instance feels like it would be a revisit of some melodies that had come before, there would be ad-libs over the top but essentially you are vibing the song out at that point. I don't know if you sing or work with singers but that maybe a place to start. Mixing would then be informed by that also, you can DM me if you like. I don't sing unfortunately :)

feelin this chilled vibe man... so far so good the drums seem a bit weak though throw a compressor on the low end if you do multiband frequency splitting.. bring ratio to 1.80 to 1 the threshhold down to -13 db to give it some thump to the bass n kick and mids at 1.56 to 1 and threshhold down to 5.50....you need to make a breakdown without the drums to give it some high n low..so its not so repetative..and i would prolly add one more sound on the second half of the song that stands out to add some new flavor i think you added 1 thing towards the end..but it doesnt stand out to much..overall i like what you have just needs some arrangement tweeks

I think it has a really cool sound. Everything sounds in key and matches. The master is lacking on the overall volume though. It's sounding a little quiet, but you mention the mix not being done yet. I think it's super good! I really like this tune. (and it's on a real instrument!) Good work!

Back