[Remix] - Command Q "Blood From the Stone" - NEW THREAD (F4F)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcgaron

Hi FP. I wanted to take a moment to share with you a remix I recently made of Command Q's "Blood From the Stone."

I appreciate you taking the time to listen and, as always, constructive feedback is welcome and appreciated!

drop a link and I'll return!

This has a really good flow to it. I really like the mix on it. The kick is really dope and sits in the mix really well. Great work on this for sure!

I dont think i can fault this musically, i think you have done a really good job there:) One thing i would suggest, is when you have finished mixing, stick a multiband compressor on your master channel, just to even out the dynamcis a little, then add a limiter and turn the input gain up enough just so it doesnt sound too over compressed at the songs loudesd parts. This should help bring up the overall average level of the track, and the waveform will look a bit more even and the loudness will be much more constant. Other than that great work!:)

I like this man gotta say. Starting with basics, the mix is clean and the leveling on everything seems just about right to me. I really enjoyed how you played with the vocals on this, I'm a huge fan of messing around with vocal samples, and the way you intertwined all the sounds and pitch alterations is quite nice. The structure on this track is solid, that first anti-drop (what I like to call when a build leads to a more chilled segment) kept the tension really nicely and led into a nice interlude type section, where your vocal sampling shined again. And of course that drop...I had been waiting all track for it and when it finally came I caught myself literally saying "hell yea" out loud lol, the synth sounds really opened up and delivered a nice finale. Comprehensively, I can't find many things I would pick out man...maybe on the first drop I would suppress or try to hide the main melody that comes out at the end, just to add more wow factor...but that's very minor.

I wanna hear the original to this song now lol it seems like you really worked the sample I wonder how it was originally haha

Good job dude, clean

Thanks for the feed! I'm liking this track. It's arranged very well. The vocal cuts are all dope as well. The drop is decent too, but I would add some sort of bigger bass element at points. This is a sick club track though, nice work. The claps are dope.

Dude your mixing is nice! You gatta give me a few pointers :D I listened to the original first then yours..I like what you did with it..good job especially those drums..clean and they hit hard! If you did it for the competition, best wishes with that. thumbs up from me.

Nice job on this man, it's definitely a good listen. I like your drop at the end and the way you built up to it throughout the song. I wasn't a fan of the chipmunk vocals just before it, I felt it could have more feeling without the pitching but just my opinion. Otherwise can't think of much, mix sounds clean and the song itself has a really nice vibe. Keep it up.

P.S. You asked where I get stems for remix's...the one for the Invincible remix I got from a page called "edm acapellas" on soundcloud. That's the only one I have done so far or gotten, but they do put some nice studio quality vocals on there from time to time. Hope this helps.

*Returned Feed*

Seems Like Its Not Gonna Be My Type Of Track From The Intro
Head Is Nodding Tho Because Its Different For Me, Imma Trap Rapper
Mix Is Real Clean I Like It
Techno Type Joint Yu Did This Man
The Kicks Are hella Nice
All The Different Sounds Seem Like They Just Fit Together
Overall Nice Track Man

Great work man sound professionnal , Mix is clean and instrumentation are sick . Not what i usually listen but i can dig it .

Great track overall , keep up that good work .

Thanks everyone for all your feedback, it's been extremely helpful. Based on some suggestions from FP producers that I received last time I posted this I was able to make some much needed improvements.

I believe I've returned feed for everyone who left me a link, but if I haven't please remind me because I love to hear what you all are working on.

Thanks again!

Cheers! :cheers:

The synth when it's coming in needs to be a bit quieter imo to let it have that build up effect instead of build up > disappointment > build up. The vocal samples are great. 1:50 has amazing amounts of energy but again after it felt like disappointment and took too long to get going again. The pitched samples at 2:50 felt a little too much imo. The lead melody at 3:35 is nice but i felt was a little on the repetitive side.

It sounds pretty good, i cant think of much else to put apart from that. Thank you for your feedback it helped a lot!

Hey man , just returning some feedback.

First and foremost this mix has POWER ! great body to the mix. composition is as good as it gets.. anything else is opinion. like mentioned before that kick is banging... hell all your info <150hz is pretty solid.

Really great track!

Love the fadein! The chord progression is really uplifting, and the synth is just made for it! :) I like the fat kick, but maybe you could have used a more edgy kick, for more impact :) Transitions are really nice! Well produced! Love the liquidish synth in the second part! From the vocals at 3.03 a real killer! :)

You might want to play this in the dj booth at plugdj :)

Keep it up and have my like! :)

The mix is cool, even though I'm not quite into this kinda music ( is it dubstep or?) I quite like the sythn and the vocal. As i remix you did a decent job! Keep it Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back