My first song in this style - feedback returned

dubwell

how I did it:
So I made this song as a personal challenge. The new Cat Empire album came in and I really was liking their new sound. So I picked it all apart and listened to what I liked and then I decided to make a song I a similar style with the Circuit Bored sound. Also I was drawing ideas up from the Gorillaz “To Binge”. The challenge is that FL-studio is a very synchronized program that wants you to stick to a strict beat in the piano roll. So I made some drums going back and adjusting every hit’s velocity and timing to make it human. Same goes for the organ and horns. That took the longest and was way out of my comfort zone. I created a sub in FM8 my using some basic waveforms and running it through a parametric EQ. The drums were all given a tad bit of reverb and were all mixed to how I felt they should be. The intro has a faint reversed synth I used to go in the first chunk of the song, and it also features some:p guitar octaves sliding up. The background of the whole song has muted guitar rhythm and also separate guitar chords. The synths were Sylenth1 made from a previous patch I created and messed with. Throughout the song you can faintly hear some hidden noises, synth and guitar sounds that I implemented to get some replay ability. There is a reversed organ chord which only occurs once at 1:39. The drum fills are a brand new thing for me and basically they are just patterns I made using the piano roll, kontakt and other drum hit sounds. The horns are faint and were just meant to fill a gap of sound. Overall I am super happy with how it came out and once I got the idea it took off really fast from there. Hope you enjoy it. Feel free to message me if you have question about something I did.

Please give me a link to leave feedback if you want, i actually like giving it.

Back