Feedback on some dancehall inspired beats please

The second track isn't available.
About the first track:
I like it and think it has potential. Tracks like these definitely need vocals before they can be fully appreciated IMO.
Some suggestions: maybe introduce some more instrumentation or switch up the beat during the second chorus (the steel drum part).
That could make it more exciting and vary it from the first time the listener hears it.
I like how you change direction in the second half of the song. You could push it further by using the melody of the steel drums but with another instrument, or making a harmony.
I also feel like the beat could be thicker; either by layering or adding more elements to the percussion... not constantly, but just to give it more dynamics.
Overall good job. Are you planning on getting a vocalist?

First of all thank for the very detailed feedback, not many people really take the time like that to listen to a track. I can really tell you know your stuff. And yes I am looking to get a vocalist and then remaster the track and do some post production, hence the layers you're talking about. The only thing is I don't have enough reach yet to attract vocalists

You're welcome.
It's difficult to find vocalists. That's also my main problem!
I search through Soundcloud and occasionally find people.
To be honest it's easier to find rappers, but if you're doing something other than hip-hop it's difficult.

So the track started out with promise. The bass is percussive and has solid energy, but some notes have too much Poof, which is going to turn sound systems, earpods and other delivery mechanisms into mud. Apply some compression to keep things in check. Unfortunately, you leave that bassline standing at the alter with no read drum part. The clap is buried in the mix and there's nothing else percussively to sink my teeth into. I'd also use the steel drums sparingly. They can be a real turnoff to some people (I actually like the sound, but they need to be very well recorded, punchy and minimal)

Back