[F4F] Electro-Dance (ish) Reggaeton Beat. Mix/Master Tips Needed Please!

klzbeats13

Reggaetonero
Hey fam! Thanks for all the feedback you guys gave me on my first track! It was really helpful, and I'll get to fixing and mastering that one up whenever I'm ready. But now I have another beat. This one is a dance/club beat, and I want to see what you guys think about it. Please let me know, and I'll review any tracks for you guys ASAP. Thanks guys!

The composition on this is pretty solid, now about the mix, i feel like the lead melody is a bit too loud in comparison with the drums, i feel like the drums should be a tad louder in the mix.

The composition on this is pretty solid, now about the mix, i feel like the lead melody is a bit too loud in comparison with the drums, i feel like the drums should be a tad louder in the mix.

Thanks man. That's the common tip I got from other listeners too. I'll work on making the drums louder and fuller in my next update!

Not bad at all. Would recommend getting some effects to help you build abit of suspense before your main beat kicks in, Swoooshes and all like sounds will help you lay emphasis on the climax of your beat. I'd also get rid of the drums around 0.20 before the main beat kicks in too - it seems like your trying to tease the beat, however it seems totally unrelated when the beat comes in so it just sounds abit random, but this effect can be achieved with the hi hats and other percussion so you might be better off using that.

Hope this helps. Thanks for the feedback.

Not bad at all. Would recommend getting some effects to help you build abit of suspense before your main beat kicks in, Swoooshes and all like sounds will help you lay emphasis on the climax of your beat. I'd also get rid of the drums around 0.20 before the main beat kicks in too - it seems like your trying to tease the beat, however it seems totally unrelated when the beat comes in so it just sounds abit random, but this effect can be achieved with the hi hats and other percussion so you might be better off using that.

Hope this helps. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks man! I was trying to emulate a lot of the build ups I hear from other producers of this genre. They start it off like that too, but I guess I could try something different!

So, the mix is quite okay, the first thing I would work on is the levels. Some sounds are unnaturally loud which makes them stands out more than they should! Try to mix them from 0 up and also try to keep them low for the first "pre-mix" section and then when you hear everything clearly, add the EQ and all the effects you want and then finalize the levels and set the mix up to mastering.
The composition sounds good to me, I'm not really a fan of it plus I'm not familiar with this style but what i heard is this beat is nice! Good job!

What has already been said, lead melody to loud in relation to the drums, otherwise a solid composition, not a standout beat for me though, probably because it is not my style of music :)

So, the mix is quite okay, the first thing I would work on is the levels. Some sounds are unnaturally loud which makes them stands out more than they should! Try to mix them from 0 up and also try to keep them low for the first "pre-mix" section and then when you hear everything clearly, add the EQ and all the effects you want and then finalize the levels and set the mix up to mastering.
The composition sounds good to me, I'm not really a fan of it plus I'm not familiar with this style but what i heard is this beat is nice! Good job!

Thank you so much man! This is great feedback. I'll def work on that during the next update.

Last edited:
What has already been said, lead melody to loud in relation to the drums, otherwise a solid composition, not a standout beat for me though, probably because it is not my style of music :)

Thanks man! I'll work on the volume levels as everyone said XD. I grew up listening to this genre so, besides Hip Hop, its the genre I'm most familiar with.

Last edited:
The composition of the track is really strong which is dope. The mix is lacking though. The drums lack that umph which is what really gets hips shaking with reggaeton music. I think it would sound cooler is it was sped up a tad too. Hope this helps

Let me know what you think here or the track in my signature
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...rst-fl-studio-track-should-i-continue-474308/

Thanks for the love man! Yea I need to work on the drum sound levels and mixing. That's why I'm here, you guys are a very helpful community! I'll review your track real soon!

Hey brotha!, sorry I didn't reply in time....before you took down the track..

I just didn't see your link there!.....

Anyways I'll stop in and listen to your next post...and I can give some advice and encouragement.

Back