[F4F] Beat Compilation: Romantic and Tropical

Hey man, thanks for the feedback on my track! I like what you're doing with these tunes, you've definitely got the tropical/romantic vibe down. I agree with what others have said, the mixes are clean, but it feels like there's something missing in a few of the tracks. An ambient background type sound to glue everything else together perhaps. You could also try adding some reverb or delay effects to help each instrument blend together, just be careful not to over do it. Some of the percussion feels a bit mechanical as well, which you could fix with some simple velocity adjustments. The 4th track with with the guitar, and the last track are my favourites. To me they are the most 'complete' and full sounding pieces. Overall your mixes are great, and even though it's not my type of music, the melodies and rhythms are perfect for what you were aiming for. Good luck with these tunes man!

Thank you so much for the thorough feedback homie :). Yea, I know how to fix it in the first track. As for the rest of them, I believe those gaps will be filled after I finish them, as all of them are a 1 day draft to up to a 5 day draft. Thank you for the advice as well. I will work on introducing velocity dynamics to the percussion. I have already started doing that with my instruments starting with Salsaton Moreno onward, now it's time to incorporate them into the percussion as well. I should have put a poll on here so I can track the faves easier haha. Thank you again homie!

Like those vibes a lot! mixes are clean bro! keep it up!

Thank you homie! I'm always trying to learn and improve my work. Your words mean alot to me man :)

Really great stuff man! Nice clean mixing and creative progressions. I have to say my favourites are probably the 4th track and the last track. Loved that guitar riff on the 4th on; had a really nice offbeat feel to it. Those snaps on the last track were really clean and the chords were really chill.

If there was anything that could make it better, I think it would be to try and fill up some more space in the track with either reverb, or other background tracks with more mid frequencies in them. Very good work nonetheless!

I'd love to see what else you do with the tracks!

Thank you homie :). Those 2 are my most experimental tracks, as I have never played around with a guitar vst before, and the last one is really new because i'm trying something very different. To hear that people like those 2 means I'm improving and at least have an idea on how to make good, yet different tracks. I'll be uploading another compilation soon!

Hey man,
at first i really like your piano melodies in all tracks, great mix of different styles you got there. Very creative, you already got a signature sound, remarkable drums, nice groove and melodies!
Keep up the great work! :)

Haha thank you thank you homie :)! I'm really trying to alter the sounds of reggaeton. Too many of them sound the same, not just with the percussion, but with the synths and chord progressions they use as well. Therefore, I'm tyring my luck with blending the dembow part of reggaeton with different styles of music, or with my own style of music (as is the case for Tratando Algo). I'm glad people are liking my stuff, and I can't wait to finish these tracks as well as give you guys more awesome stuff to listen to :D

Man I love this! Really nice melodies, they give it a real dope summer vibe. Definitely something I'll be bumping this summer. Good job bro!

Awesome to hear homie XD. I'm glad you liked them. I'm going to get them fixed up soon and put them out to hear so someone will want to buy them or work with me on them!

sound selection has to to better.. main sound sounds too cheesy/basic tbh

Thank you for the feedback, although I'm not sure what sound you are referring to. I don't want the sound selection to sound to hardcore or upbeat (for my romantic tracks), as they are sentimental and need a more suave type of selection. Thank you anyways homie :)!

these songs have a pretty wide dynamic range in the mix...and I dig that..sounds crisp clear and authentic..overall great work

Thank you homie :D! Yea I have started to play around with note velocities and I must say it does work wonders in the mix. I should have incorporated this kind of technique sooner!

Hey! Thanks for your feedback, here's the returned favor:
I really liked these tracks! You definitely have a knack for these tropical beats, they're great! "Muevelo" es mi favorita :D

The melodies are all on point and good, the first track might need something in the background, perhaps a string synth just playing the chord progression to keep the beat moving. The guitar in "Aqui Yo Camino" is great, is that a VST or you playing?

Great work, definitely keep up the great work. I would love to hear Juan Magan or other Reggaeton artists hopping on these tracks!

Whoot! Thank you T-Normous! The first beat will be an easy fix soon, I shall fix it up after I put my next preview compilation up.

The guitar in "Aquí Yo Camino" is the RealGuitar vst, and it's my first time using it. I was honestly afraid at first, because I have 0 knowledge or skill with guitar riffs and chords so I was suprised how quickly I got it together and how crisp it sounds. I'm glad you liked it, and I also hope one day I can get big Reggaeton artists to hop on the tracks :D

Pretty smooth beat with the synth man! The style your trying to create is on point! I really like the drop in sounds at around 25 seconds to get ready for the next phrase! Not really anything to correct man, keep it up!

The intro reminded me of something Nujabes or Uyama Hiroto would make., But was I wrong lmao. I actually enjoyed the dance-esque vibe to this. It definitely sounds tropical, and has a Spanish dance vibe to it. All sections of the track sounded very nice and sounded cohesive within each other. Only thing I could have asked for was a bass line. But aside that, I think you accomplished what you set out to do.

The intro reminded me of something Nujabes or Uyama Hiroto would make., But was I wrong lmao. I actually enjoyed the dance-esque vibe to this. It definitely sounds tropical, and has a Spanish dance vibe to it. All sections of the track sounded very nice and sounded cohesive within each other. Only thing I could have asked for was a bass line. But aside that, I think you accomplished what you set out to do.

Oh wow lol. I checked out Uyama Hiroto after you mentioned him and it does sound a lot like some of the intros he has. That was not intentional XDD. But thank you for the feedback homie! Yea the bassline and the emptiness of the track will be fixed soon :)

These tracks seem to have very good potential,although the mix in these tracks is a little muffled,try using sends for the reverb and use EQ in order to avoid that,any way,the composistions are incredible,I like the piano and the low synths in these beats very much,I am looking forward to hearing more of you,Keep it up!

These tracks seem to have very good potential,although the mix in these tracks is a little muffled,try using sends for the reverb and use EQ in order to avoid that,any way,the composistions are incredible,I like the piano and the low synths in these beats very much,I am looking forward to hearing more of you,Keep it up!

Thank you homie! Most of these tracks aren't ready yet (except for the first one) and I haven't finished mixing most of them. Thank you for the advice homie :D!

Hey thanks for sharing your music, was good to listen to. I like use of piano and also the sound effects like white noise etc. Cool beat, keep it up!

Back