Been wanting to get out of sampling.

mguz11

So I've been practicing on my playing techniques lately learning bass guitar and getting better at piano. Just did a very basic chord progression. I guess all I would really need is a bridge. But I always get stuck at that part. Anyways heres the track. IS there enough movement to keep it interesting? Appreciate the feedback.

Hey... I used to work in a Dancehall / Reggae studio... In honesty; this sort of thing could be fine as is; but maybe I'd pop a little hook line in it... either synth; or get someone to play some catchy sax hook or something. Then ship it off to Jamaica and pay someone to sing on it and you're done ;) (we used to record the dudes in our own studio when they toured to Melbourne; but it's the same difference..... You just have a lot more control over the track if they're singing in YOUR studio!) Expect to pay a couple of hundred for an original from an up and coming artist; or a couple to 5K for a proper star... Don't expect to make your money back hahaha...

To me; it's way too repetitive as-is (without vocals). If it's to be instrumental only then I'd change it up, put that bridge in; maybe put the chords up an octave for a section to get more movement; do a change up of chords (to be sort of like a chorus progression) and think about a hook. But if you had the right vocals; then it'd play with little extra work...

General production sound fine enough though (on my crappy computer speakers... so I can't really hear that bass... But I'll assume it's in there haha!)...

sounds nice...missing some nice delay on the hits every now and again as the track progresses - which could give it a more dubbed out feel..imo of course

Back