agresivo Reggaeton Beat( Feedback please )

Danell

Hola,

I've since Friday got my first monitor speakers and tried the same time a new beat from me to mix. Then I got it. Compared to the first mix I made with my HiFi speakers and a very good improvement can be heard Now I would like to go into further detail and it would give me some feedback to help much. I have the master version, and I'd appreciate any suggestions and general opinions.

Attachments

• Splash Reggae Master.mp3
    2.8 MB · Views: 95
The distorted synth that plays though out the beat clashes with the strings and bass. I think you should change that synth's melody, lower it, or remove it.

The drum rolls sound too robotic. Try slightly changing the timing and velocities of each note to be a more natural drum roll.

The distorted synth that plays though out the beat clashes with the strings and bass. I think you should change that synth's melody, lower it, or remove it.

The drum rolls sound too robotic. Try slightly changing the timing and velocities of each note to be a more natural drum roll.

I agree with some of this ... I don't necessarily think the synth clashes with the strings and bass - I think you're missing the link in between the strings and synths - so right now, imo, your bass isn't cutting it with the rest of the track. I also agree with changing the timing/velocity but the rolls sound perfect to me - especially for a reggaeton beat. Overall, nice job - the only critique I have is the lead synth that's introduced at 0:09 - it sounds like a rhythmic synth and I honestly don't think it goes with the rest of the song. Because the rest of your song has a deep, powerful, feel ... that synth seems like a cop-out and stands apart from everything else.

-gd

Back