this will probably make you 50x more handsome, also F4F

ryuuko

my first time doing vocals on a track

criticism and feedback, especially on which verse is the best and how to improve my recording, flow, and vocals mixing are welcome

comment your favorite verse so i know which parts sound good, if they're all bad then pick the best of the worst and explain pls

thank you and as always, feedback is returned

"db & j sandwich"
db & j sandwich by dragon boy jig | Free Listening on SoundCloud

SOUNDCLOUD:
dragon boy jig | Free Listening on SoundCloud

TWITTER:
dragon boy jig (@theryuuko) on Twitter

mrascal basically hit all the key points for ya. Was kind of tough to hear your lyrics in the beginning but your flow and delivery was dope during the second half. I don't know what kind of vocal delivery you're going for but if your style is more monotone and laid back then I would suggest stacking one or two sets of the same lyrics you recorded with some reverb, distortion, and even increase/decrease the pitch 100-200 cents. You could lower the volume of the stacks/overlays and pan them hard left or right, too. I don't know if I'm explaining this well but if you look up the music video for 'Modest' by Isaiah Rashad, you'll see what I'm talking about. This is tight though, I really want to record over my beats pretty soon. Mad respect, keep working at it!

Check out my beat whenever you have the time
G-Eazy | Big Sean type beat - Forgiveness [F4F]

mrascal basically hit all the key points for ya. Was kind of tough to hear your lyrics in the beginning but your flow and delivery was dope during the second half. I don't know what kind of vocal delivery you're going for but if your style is more monotone and laid back then I would suggest stacking one or two sets of the same lyrics you recorded with some reverb, distortion, and even increase/decrease the pitch 100-200 cents. You could lower the volume of the stacks/overlays and pan them hard left or right, too. I don't know if I'm explaining this well but if you look up the music video for 'Modest' by Isaiah Rashad, you'll see what I'm talking about. This is tight though, I really want to record over my beats pretty soon. Mad respect, keep working at it!

Check out my beat whenever you have the time
G-Eazy | Big Sean type beat - Forgiveness [F4F]

You explained it perfectly man, those are techniques that i hadn't thought of but they make alot of sense! appreciate the legit feedback, ill check you out right now!

Your flow is solid bro. I think a little delay or processing would do it justice, but the overall rapping was lit to me. It really flowed well the beat, which sounded nicely mixed to me. Good work bro!

Your flow is solid bro. I think a little delay or processing would do it justice, but the overall rapping was lit to me. It really flowed well the beat, which sounded nicely mixed to me. Good work bro!

thanks man! im gonna try a different vocal approach for next week, so i'll be sure to post it here!

Dope flow vocals are calm but could be improved with some effects to make them more fancy try adding some reverb and delay onto the vocals to make them more interesting also maybe its just your style but you could put a lil more effort into the vocals add some character to them and maybe do 4 takes pan one to the left one to the right keep on centred and push one into the background using reverb this way it will make your vocals stand out more and make them sound wider.

Dope flow vocals are calm but could be improved with some effects to make them more fancy try adding some reverb and delay onto the vocals to make them more interesting also maybe its just your style but you could put a lil more effort into the vocals add some character to them and maybe do 4 takes pan one to the left one to the right keep on centred and push one into the background using reverb this way it will make your vocals stand out more and make them sound wider.

thanks! thats a good technique, i do want to make them sound more full and alive haha. appreciate it!

Back