Wilderness (Chill Instrumental)

Rift

Was feeling creative after work today, and this was the result. Feedback and constructive criticism encouraged! Enjoy. :-)

Update: New revised version posted taking into consideration all suggestions. Thank you! Keep them coming.

Last edited:
hey, it's good. I like the atmospheric vibes! and nice reverb. ...might be a liiitttle bit quiet though, ..I'd say use a reference track to compare mixer bus (master) volumes. Just use that for the volume though, your creativity is out of this world haha the beat is fire. nice job!

Last edited:
So, I wasn't able to listen to this on my monitors last night and after listening today, I think I might have fixed a lot of my mix issues. Maybe.

I love the vocal shots! this beat is smooth. Would love to hear some sort of break from the drums once in a while. It would make the drums hit harder! Great work!
where did you get the vocals from?

mind returning the favour? Jazzy Trap Track (Feedback 4 Feedback)

Thanks! I got both vocal clips from http://freesound.org. Great site. I always have fun digging around there because people upload some pretty out of this world random shit. I just updated my original post with a revised version of this, and I took the drums out occasionally as per your suggestion. :-) Thanks for the wonderful feedback! I'll be returning the favor momentarily.

hey, it's good. I like the atmospheric vibes! and nice reverb. ...might be a liiitttle bit quiet though, ..I'd say use a reference track to compare mixer bus (master) volumes. Just use that for the volume though, your creativity is out of this world haha the beat is fire. nice job!

Thankyou. I revised the track. Actually ended up lowering the reverb on a lot of things because I think it was just washing it all out way too much. Brought up some of the other elements, lowered the kick a little, and used some sidechain per someone else's suggestion. After a balancing act, I think everything should sound louder and more cohesive now. What do you think?

Last edited:
this is dope! great job on the production, the instruments sounds crispy. chill drum beat too
if you get a chance check out my latest beat:
Wraith by Radium | Free Listening on SoundCloud
Thanks for the kind words.
On Radium: I really like the intro. The bell that comes in when the beat drops is nice. Love 1:10 when that synth jumps up an octave.

I really like the vibe you've created with these lush sonic palette. Haven't heard it before the changes but track flows smoothly. I just feel that a stronger sub on the kick would lead to a fuller and warmer sound. Still enojyed it.

Really appreciate your feedback. I agree with you on the kick. It needs some attention. I'll have to revisit that again when I open it next.

On Affection: Woah. This is wild.

Firstly, the intro is off-kilter in a neat way. There’s something that doesn’t seem to harmonize right to me, though. When that beat drops, there’s a sense of conflict between the notes playing prior in the intro and the pitch of the pad that comes in at about 0:20 that sounds almost uncomfortable to me. That could be intentional, and it could also just be my ear.

When the beat drops, your drums and bass link up for a very dub moment and then fall into that rnb sound you were mentioning, then it goes almost a different direction entirely around 2:00 - it takes on a more hip-hop vibe. I’m not sure what to expect during this part and I want to. I think it’s because the beat is doing a lot of different things that don’t loop back and there’s not really a lot else to keep it all familiar. A little bit of repetitiveness might help me not feel so lost as a listener.

Really diggin the part around the 3:00 mark. It feels more full and I feel like I know more of what to expect from the beat and I can nod my head to it. It’s more comfortable and flows from this point.

Super interesting track! I like that dubby bassline. :-)

Last edited:
Back