Trying to start posting my music and making friends in the community

besidesricky

hey everyone, i'm new to the forum but i plan to be active. i've been working at the beats for a while and i absolutely love trap beats. i think i should try and get some feedback and maybe make some new friends in the community. i'm totally open to criticism and i am willing to return the favor any time. if you guys could peep a couple tracks and tell me what you think id appreciate it!

the bottom line by besidesricky | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Zach LaVine by besidesricky | Free Listening on SoundCloud

They not bad IMO. I really like the "ZACH" beat.. the chords sounded nice. I'll say maybe you have to work on mixing a little bit.. (I just came from the gym so my ears not good right now from listen to music.) But I say, keep at it.. you will be raw man. you have good sound selection in the "bottom" beat. I like that lead and guitar or pluck sound. I had to rewind it, I thought you put a vocal chop in there but it was your beat tag.. caught me off guard. (I gave you a follow and like bro. keep it up)

wow thanks man! i really appreciate the constructive approach you took. mixing is definitely something i'm going to work on and i think this forum will really help as thats definitely a frequent topic. i gave you the follow back too. your beats are incredible man. mink is ridiculous lol so dark and captivating. solo is amazing too i love how you used to the sample vox from nelly and kelly rowland's my boo. how long have you been doing this for?

being someone who recently got into making beats my self i can say you definitely have a solid start here homie, your piano work is solid on Zach all the sound really complement each other its a nice listen. the bottom line is very dark i can see the direction for sure, its so hard to pull off that sound well. your drums are fire on both obviously like the guy above said i guess the mixing could do with a bit of work but your definitely nearly there my man good job on these!

Feel free to check out me out and drop some feed it all really helps!

LIL PEEP x SMOKEASAC TYPE BEAT [F4F 100%]

thanks man i cant express my appreciation enough. i really didnt think the people online would be so welcoming. i really don't have much criticism for you, i listened to red rose and your lil peep type beat at school on my laptop speaker. all i can say is maybe diversify your melodies a bit more, play a part b later in the song or something. just shake it up and add some more cinematic feel to it y'know what i mean? other than that you got the right ideas! are you sampling these melodies or playing them?

cheers for the crit man. Yeah i need to work on my patterning abit more I just find it hard to find the right bits to add when I've listened to it to much. I play all the melodies myself, never really got into sampling tbh

Back