Trying to make a Golden Era Boom Bap type beat

Chrisgalactic

Wasup guys! Thanks for checking out the post. Drop the links so I can check you guys out. I was trying to go for an oldschool hip hop boom bap vibe with a bit more of a modern twist. Let me know what you guys think!

Sounds hell of tight, Idk if I would of arranged my chops the way you did but either way sounds good, I don't really think you had to change and take out the first set of chops for the verse because the hook chops sounds like it should be the verse but clean chops, I loved the vocals you added in the back. Real solid beat

I like the little guitar sample in this the most. The others section almost feels like it is too empty. Would have liked a more active sample during that section. I do really like the booming drums. Pretty cool overall.

This is super dope deffo has that golden era boom bap feel to it the samples are really nice, I love the added noise and dust in the background to give it the old school feel, only thing I would say needs a lil adjustment is the snare it has a lil bit to much top end on it but other than that super dope track great work man.

Thanks for the review!

- Dope sample
- The dirtiness of the sample and the drums really set a nice vibe
- Also nice variation -- but like the person above me said -- a little more variation in the drums would've been preferred
- Maybe a bassline?

Solid work

intro sample is dope. Drums hitting hard and i like your pattern. Parts of the beat with the guitar sample are dope. The other parts are a little bit quiet imo..
Dope beat overall!

Someone said very Rza like, they're right. This is cool! Feeling the vibe, you hit on the golden era feel. That break down is nice. These drums are dirty! There's some serious swing on those kicks.

This is great man.

Back