Trippy Lofi Boom Bap FEEDBACK FOR FEEDBACK 100% GUARANTEE

J-Hershey

This is a really weird one lmao. I wanted to be a little experimental with my normal style. Feedback would be greatly appreciated and returned. As always down to network on soundcloud so we can build over time.

Like the highpass you did near the end. It's a good beat, nice and laid back, easy to listen to. Good drums, like the snare in particular.

In terms of mixing, frequencies seem fine, nothing sticking out of the mix which is great, the panning is fine as well. I don't think there's any issue.
I reckon you could have possibly made it more lo-fi if you really wanted to. Add some more crackling sounds and saturation/distortion maybe or hi pass the song a bit more. Although tbh that's more because you said you intend it to be a lo-fi beat. Its fine as it is. A very easy to listen to beat.

Great work.

This is cool. Nice lo-fi ish vibe. I like the sound of the kick and snare, good choice for this. The gross beat effects pulled my ear away from the groove and rhythm, not really in a good way. It def made me pay attention, but it kind of interfered with my vibing. Would have been just as good without that.

Overall this was nice, also, clean mix, considering what it is. Nice work, as usual!

Beat is sick my dude, lofi and moody. I feel like you could have gone a bit further with little bits of variation, little bits of pitch automation on the ends of clips get that record slow down sound, a reverse kick here and there stuff like you did with the high pass etc. etc. Its a solid beat though and the mix is good I just think for instrumental gear it's good to keep stuff moving, and you do I just think a bit more could be cool. My latest beats are on this thread if you want to check them out

hey :)

I like the sample that you used in the beat, I think that snare needs a reverb effect or a compressor so it hits softer and fits better to the beat. Overall dope beat.

appreciate all kind of feedback
Hip Hop experimental beat

Last edited:
Back