Tribe Called Quest type beat (F4F)

The melody sounds interesting to me, its a simple beat but have nice elements in some parts, enjoyed the scratch you done. Perhaps you can improve the hi-hat gameplay to sound more loose. Everything appears to be mixed right. If you wanna check other tracks, have beats of all kinds on https://soundcloud.com/cbg-131194

Bro I really enjoyed the melody. Every funky but chill at the same time. I would add some more scratches or actually try incorporating vocal samples (maybe of q-tip or phife dawg samp) I think that would take it to the next level. Aside from that I really enjoy the cool vibes of the track. Keep it going bro.

Nice old school beat my man! I like the melody and the boom-bap rythm! Kick is maybe a bit loud but it doesn't really make a difference! Nice job

Really nice track indeed. Keeping it simple and easy to listen. I think the melody fits the groove perfectly. Interesting scratching in the middle. I would probably distort 808 bass a little. Overally a good mix.

Really nice track indeed. Keeping it simple and easy to listen. I think the melody fits the groove perfectly. Interesting scratching in the middle. I would probably distort 808 bass a little. Overally a good mix.
Thanks for the feed. I used an accoustic bass guitar that I sampled and ran through distortion.

Simplicity working good here. The strings have a nice full sound, a lot of string stabs people use sound corny af but these ones are nice. Oldschool vibe af.

I will be honest - I have heard all Tribe Called Quest albums and this is not even similar to their style. Your song sound nice, all elements apart from drums are quiet well balanced. What I would say about drums - samples sound like there is no any treatment on them - like you take them straight from some popular downloaded rar-pack and create pattern in 2 minutes with minimum velocity variations. This song would be great if you improved drums.
If you have few minutes, leave me some feedback as well please
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dback-feedback-100-maciek-shadow-zone-522501/

I will be honest - I have heard all Tribe Called Quest albums and this is not even similar to their style. Your song sound nice, all elements apart from drums are quiet well balanced. What I would say about drums - samples sound like there is no any treatment on them - like you take them straight from some popular downloaded rar-pack and create pattern in 2 minutes with minimum velocity variations. This song would be great if you improved drums.
If you have few minutes, leave me some feedback as well please
I second this, the drums definitely sound like they could need some EQ, reverb and perhaps imaging. Digging the strings though, keep it up :D

Would love some feedback on the beat in my sig as well, thanks

Back