Travis Scott Astroworld type Progressive Trap Beat [F4F]

Hard no from me on the first bass drum that comes in, i would scrap that drum and start over - could be my personal preference though. When you chop up the drums you need to increase the attack and release (fade in/out) a few more ms so it doesn't sound so clippy. This beat is pretty bizarre and i was enjoying it in a weird way until about a minute in when it started to feel repetitive. For some reason some of the melody sounds like a Christmas song? Not sure which one. If i was you i would go back and start ripping pieces out of this song and replacing them and then add switch ups to the melody. There are a couple other things but i'll just say at the moment the song feels like a cool concept that hasn't been organised quite right.

this does have a travis feel, this would be hard for someone to rap over though. the background melody is good but the main one needs to have more bounce/rhythm to it. you should try compare your beats to others on how the they drop and build up and stuff because this seems to lose direction a bit in places.
not bad though at all man

any feedback would be great on this Trippie Redd x Lil Skies type beat - "Stars" [F4F]

Back