Is it Trap or R&B, advice plz, f4f 100% (WIP)

Mike McKeon

DJ LowFrequencyDomination
Is it Trap or R&B, advice plz, f4f 100%

i started this with TrackGopd, made a Work in Progress, still need to fill out the intro with : pads or more complex piano hits? i know it needs drops and risers, hi-hats but that's why it's a WIP, i'd like feedback on where this should go, i have my own ideas but advice is welcome.

Hope the bass hits hard enough:

The attached .mp3 is really bad, im ashamed, so tired tho.

I put the orginal from the saved .flp project oon soundcloud again:

Attachments

• Hoping For You.mp3
    7.5 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hmm.. I like this so far, I think you should turn up the piano and make it more complex. Good work so far!
*FEED4FEED* Tay-K 47 x Playboi Carti Type Beat - Now

Thanks, i realized that this beat needs more complex piano so that's fixed, tuned in the pluck lead, and added a synth intermittently to add layering:

opening your tune right now ;)

I love it, it's smooth and sweet, commented too.

[edited... i totally messed up with the transitions, i'm gonna use the first version to build on tomorrow, it's late and i'm tired lol :P

Last edited:
This is deffo not R&B its sounds like some experimental trap/rap. As you said its a WIP so its not finished but the 808 needs a boost its way too quiet, the drums also need a boost and some of the instruments need some panning everything sounds centred I'm feeling the piano melody tho just keep working on it and tweak a few things.

Check out my beats.
YouTube

Thanks Caesar, im already following you so i'll check out your new ones...

That's better advice than the image line forums, ill have a go at upping the bass and kits, and panning the leads.

really pretty instruments and nice mixing, beat is great, wraps right around it! Hail Caesxer lol ;) *note*sorry i thought you were on SC, i subbed to your YT tho.

i got an updated track i mixed it better more like trap than R&B, but it's is pretty decent i think. Updating first post.

Last edited:
Back