Trap beat - Dark Box AM I READY TO SELL?

HI everyone, this is my first thread ever in a producing community, i wasn t shure if this was the right place to do it, but i m asking your opinion through this beat so i guess i m not wrong at all.

I started making beat when i was 12yo, but as an italian (i know you already noticed the bad english) i wasnt able to get much from YT. At 14yo i stopped making beats, but the passion was always there so during this years (i m 21yo now) i always kept fl studio in case i missed the good oldtimes hahaha.
10 months ago i started again, but this time , as now my english is enough good, i got all the tools needed so i decided to take it seriously, and recently considered to make a living out of it.

Most of my friends say that my beats are fire, but a little part of them are not excited when listening to it, and sometimes i am too harsh with my music, and that's why i m here asking you to tell me if my beats could sell, i need an objective judgment from passionate people who know what they are talking about.I' m obviously going to thank you, listening to your beats and givin you my feedback :).

Let's talk about the beat, this one is not one of my best, it' s just the last one (did it a couple of hours ago) i didn t use my favorites so i get a feedbak on an average beat(even if this one is a bit better than that).
I didn't spend too much time on it, its pretty simple (transitions are bad i know) but it s already mastered cause that's how a beat should be presented right?

dark box_2.mp3 - Google Drive

sorry for the long talk, let me know what you think about it and if my beats are enough good to compete in this bussiness.
Send me your beats and i ll be glad to help you :)

Last edited:
I think it's a dope beat. I could hear Drake or Tory Lanez on it. I couldn't tell you if this is the right career path for you off just one beat but the mix is nice as well and I'm sure you got more heat.

Don't let others or even yourself discourage you, just keep going if this is your dream, bruh. Keep it up. :cheers:

At your age I hope you have where you are the equivalent of what is a college or university degree and a job that pays infinitely more than music will. I say this out of love and not discouragement as I want people to follow reality and not dreams. The biz is not a game.

maybe i used the wrong words, i said making a living but at the moment i m just talking about making something like 100 bucks a month,i m just asking you if i m ready to take the first step and enter the bussiness, doin it as a primary job is something that i ll consider later, once i ve already sold a lot of my beats and made some collabs with rap artists,i m just asking you if i have to improve more before i could sell them, or if they are ready to be sold.

Thanks for the advice, I very liked the chill atmoshpere in your beat, but i think that the hi hats, when the "chorus" comes in, are a bit too loud and that ruins the atmoshpere, good job anyway :)

Back