Testify (I return ALL FEEDBACK 100%) 9th Wonder type style.

Boadie Beats

Let me know what you think of the latest beat. Also took my videos a new direction.

I appreciate any support and feedback. If you like what you hear, please subscribe. I'll return the favor!

Man, I appreciate the love and feedback!

I already hit both of you previously, check your threads :).

Drop links everyone, I love listening to your new beats!

i like the samples and drums not sure about the bassline.. i have heard 9th wonder use alot of melodic bass before or something very subtle i feel the note drags out too much .. still,, its a good beat i like the vocal chops.. it does generally sound like 9th so kep it up :)

dope concept on this beat, the drums sit right. but yo u gotta fix the bassline is off key. get that bassline sitting right and u'll have a nice beat there! peace

Chopz, question. If the sample is F Major, and I play the bassline in the notes of an F Major chord, can it still be off key? That's what I did here. I've been doing this for about 4 months, so I still have some questions. Basslines always seem to trip me up. Not sure why. Any suggestions or advice?

Chopz, question. If the sample is F Major, and I play the bassline in the notes of an F Major chord, can it still be off key? That's what I did here. I've been doing this for about 4 months, so I still have some questions. Basslines always seem to trip me up. Not sure why. Any suggestions or advice?

I would love to answer this for u man but i have no idea about keys or music theory. i usually key in by ear. maybe key in a sub bassline first before you play it out ?? just a thought.

Last edited:
This is super dope sample chopping. The repetition of the main melody drives it all forward and gives it a nice sound. I thought the sample was a little too dynamic and maybe could benefit from a little compression to help even out the volume so it doesn't rise and fade quite as dramatically. Otherwise though, the track is super tight and incredibly catchy. The subtle elements like the vocal chops are a super nice touch as well. Good stuff!

This is pretty cool. Just personally I wasn't a big fan of that sample..but that's just a preference. I would say though that the drums were very clean, and fit very well into the mix, big fan of drum choices here. Has like a modern dusty feel to it if that makes sense.

As someone mentioned above, your bass felt a bit muddy to me...some eqing/using the right key will solve that no problem. I usually just go by ear as mentioned...use the base note and you should be good man.

Otherwise keep grinding fam! I also hit you with a like and subscribe on youtube

This is really good man, the drums fit in the beat really well, the sample is nice, maybe change it up a bit more. But i'm not digging those synths they sound out of key and it kinda overfills the beat imo. Keep it up, the drums and mixing is really good on this one

Nice chops and arrangement here.My big criticism would be to carve out some more space for the bassline. Some more weight on the lowend would've been nice but otherwise its a dope mix.Keep it up :victory:

ah shit bobby womack, i love that song but could never flip it right
this is pretty dope, the chops and drums are cool and nothing to complain about
the bassline and other sounds really throws it off tho because they are off key
i think the arrangement of them is dope but the pitch needs fixing.. not every vst sound is going to be perfectly in key so you should play by ear and if it's slightly off adjust a few cents

dope concept overall i love the vibe of this track. everything rides so seamless and smooth. the swing in those drums are sweet they give the beat life. you're sampling is very impressive too great switchups but the pads you played in towards the 2nd half of the track sounded a bit off to me.
Great track sure to be keeping a look out for your stuff man.

my thread : https://www.futureproducers.com/for...k-logic-type-hip-hop-rap-instrumental-536511/

Last edited:
I agree with most the other comments. I like the sample. The drums are solid. I think they could be a bit more dusty. The bassline does need some work. It just doesn't sound like it fits. The vibe on this is dope tho overall.

Dope beat, definitely has a nice groove! The vocals added a great element too that makes the track more dynamic. I'm definitely feeling this, your drums sound great too..love the dirt/dust to them. Keep making heat!

sample is nice, but gets repetitive after a while imo. I dont feel the synths you try to fill up the beat with, they sound out of key or something. You can leave them out and you will be fine :)

Overall its a dope set-up, but it need some work maybe..

Back