Tallen & Qryssen - Nostalgia (Beat Tape)

Nostalgia-Liking this smooth sample you got going on. It gives me this peaceful feel. I also like the drums used, it matches with the sample so well. 

Astronaut - Title is right, there is definitely a spacey feel that goes throughout this track. The guitars, the synth sounds that pan from left to right, and the melody during the chorus is good. Also love the drum switch during the chorus, it keeps it fresh.

Signs - The jazzy rhodes on this one are contagious. Throughout the track, they go with the drums which once again, I like. The old 90s style that you’re going for is definitely being shown. 

Stakeout - I’m getting some DJ Premier vibes from this one. The rhythm just gave me memories and kept my head knocking. Also love those strings that go in and out during this one, very sensual.

Heartfelt - The constant thing about yours that I like is your usage of jazz samples. And this one’s no different. Really love the sax that’s playing throughout this track.

Cooties - Damn, the guitar on this is catchy as hell. It kind of reminds me of Earl by Dilla a little bit. “Never fall in love” soundbite was pretty dope as well. I like it.

Vacancy - the drums on here was grimy as hell. I liked it. The piano sample in this track is smooth as silk and butter. And that bass is just perfect for those dope drums. 

Playground - The vibes in this one make me think of some Roy Ayers type shit. Other than that, this one’s pretty nice. 

Sharingan - For some reason, I can imagine Wu Tang Clan on this kind of beat. Whoever this sample was, that person’s killing it on the ivories man. Once again, these old 90s vibes this tape was going for is doing the job. 

Cops N’ Robbers - Caught myself head rocking to this as well. The singing sample was haunting but beautiful at the same time. Also like that flute playing during the beat to, that was gorgeous. 

This whole tape is definitely old school, and one of the things I liked about it was the samples. You and Qryssen chopped them up perfectly. Really takes you back to the time of boom bap. Keep it up man!

Feedback Appreciated: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ol-4-screamin-thailand-speedboats-f4f-509907/

Back