Swim (Single) Feedback 4 Feedback 100%

TheArciDiavolo

Hello everybody!!

Got another single for you! Another piece of the promotional plan I've started for myself & any artists/producers I collaborate with!

Let me know what you all think and I will get back to you all ASAP!

As I mentioned before, I dig your lyrical style. The thing is, you vocal sounds separated from the instrumental and everything sounds a bit dry. Do you record live over the instrumental?

As I mentioned before, I dig your lyrical style. The thing is, you vocal sounds separated from the instrumental and everything sounds a bit dry. Do you record live over the instrumental?
Yes i do record live over the instrumental. Thank you for the feedback

This is pretty cool man. Very minimal and abstract which i appreciate cause pulling that off is a lot harder than it looks. It's not really my style of music but you did your thing on it. At times I'm having a hard time hearing what you're saying cause the beat is too loud or the way your vocals are mixed. All in all good work though

Everything on the track sounds really suppressed to me, I like the ideas you have going on, but I think like everything is saying alot of stuff is getting lost in your mix or how it was mastered. The stereo delay guitar thing you have for your intro is dope, It kinda sounds all mid though, I kinda wish that was standing out more. The track is all over the place and I kinda like that, its never really dull on the ear, but I don't know if its really capturing me right now. I like the vocal effects that you're using too, thats some far out stuff, but the volume differences anywhere on the vocal track make it kinda wonky. I'd say keep going and open up the project and remix it man, good job and keep it up

Like some have mentioned already.. the only thing that is bugging me is the mix. I'm not sure what your vocal chain is like, but the source for your vocal sounds like it could be better. The kick and some of the other elements are kinda getting in the way of the vocal. I know you said that you're just recording on top of the instrumental, so there isn't too much you can do as far as leveling, so only thing I would suggest working a bit on the eq of your vocal to help it sit a little bit better in the mix. Another trick you can try, is to put an EQ on top of the instrument stereo track. Give yourself a wide enough q, find the right frequency and drop it maybe like about 4 or 5 dbs.. it'll dig a spot for your vocal to sit in. As far as the actual performance, you got a unique style. I dig it. You def got some bars, so keep it up.

Last edited:
I can honestly say I don't think I have heard anything like this before, very abstract type of hip hop. The vocals are difficult to make out at times like in the intro portion 0:36 - 0:54.

i think your sound would be more coherent if you removed some of the angsty yelling (not all the yelling some is good). i don't think the doubled and pitched up and down effect works so well with an instrumental like this one. as others have said the mix is variable as the strength of the vocal varies too much + u got bars for sure

Sup man, thanks for your feedback on my track. This track is crazy, you have some really cool elements going on. I like how you layered the vocals around 2 mins. It gave it an even more funky feel. The vocals are a little hard to make out at certain parts. I would consider turning them up a db or two and then using a compressor to even them back out with the louder parts. You could also consider adding a harmonic exciter of some type on the master to bring the track to life a bit. Keep pushing!

Really good work,I like the trippy vibe of this instrumental and the flow on the mix is really good but the instrumental overpowers the vocals and the vocals sound very separated from the instrumental,but anyways,nice work,Keep it up!

Dig the guitar licks and the effected vocal sample that create the ambient eerie atmosphere. I'd like to hear some more punch lines, organization in the rhymes and a concrete theme in the lyrics, but def like your voice on this track!

Hey man! Sorry for the late feedback! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my track.

Now things that I like:
-Your flow. Your flow is very fluid and rides well with the beat.
-The beat is siiickk. Love the minimal experimental vibe it has going on. I love how the track evolves based on the points going on in your storytelling. Very unique and kept me interested.

Some things that I think have potential but need some work:
-Your delivery. I feel like sometimes you go in hard, but then slowly die off towards the end of your rhymes. I don't know if that was deliberate based on the concept of the track, but it made it difficult for me to catch what you were saying sometimes and I found myself having skip back a bit to hear it again.
-The mix. Like people have said; your vocals feel like they are just laying on top of the beat instead of being fully intertwined with it. This may also have to do with why I have such a difficult time hearing with your saying. I would suggest bringing those eerie high pitched vocals/sounds(?) down a bit in the background. It overwhelms what you are saying at times.

Overall, great track! Keep it up. I like the direction you are going with your music.

Last edited:
Back