Styles P Type Beat - Guardian Angels Prod. By @DontaBlack330

Donta Black

Whats good FP fam,

Its been awhile, took a break from the beats but now im back. All criticism is good criticism, good & bad. Lay it on me. 100% feedback will be returned.

Subscribe & LIKE !

Your different samples are well chopped and catchy. I like the pattern of your snare. The kick sounds good too, very clean. But the sub is not enough audible because it's maybe too deep in the frequencies. I mean the sub sounds good but if it would be more audible, it would be better. It's a nice beat bro, very good work and thank you for the feedback on my beat. ;)

I like how to use panning for fills. Chops are decent, I really like the melody at the chorus but just think it could be blended a little bit better (more reverb, less high). At first I wasn't sure if the tiny snare can make it work but I think it's all good.

Feel free to check mine

I'm feelin' that intense vibe in the hook..with the piano..it took me for a journey...nice melodies...i love all the different progressions and regressions throughout...nice work!!

I like how to use panning for fills. Chops are decent, I really like the melody at the chorus but just think it could be blended a little bit better (more reverb, less high). At first I wasn't sure if the tiny snare can make it work but I think it's all good.

Feel free to check mine

Thanks for the feed! Good ear, on the reverb, I didn't apply much this time around because I normally do. Returning feed asap!

Your different samples are well chopped and catchy. I like the pattern of your snare. The kick sounds good too, very clean. But the sub is not enough audible because it's maybe too deep in the frequencies. I mean the sub sounds good but if it would be more audible, it would be better. It's a nice beat bro, very good work and thank you for the feedback on my beat. ;)

Also another good ear! 808 wise, im not to well with. Any advise for future references? Maybe boosting between 80-100HZ. I've always been a boom bap guy till now.

If you were a boom bap guy how long were you into it? It's fine to move on as staunch purism is a death sentence.

Returning the feed...

Hmm I can't get it to play on my laptop for some reason. YouTube is giving me that busy spin dial thing. I'll check back in a lil bit.

If you were a boom bap guy how long were you into it? It's fine to move on as staunch purism is a death sentence.

Im still a boom bap guy, thats what got me into hip hop in general. Just trying new tastes my friend. I been making beats since '06 , use to be a certified trap beat hater for years. lol

But after meeting many producers and engineers alike from seminars and battles. I learn one thing from top producers or celebrity producers like illminds x dame grease and others to stay hip hop but to make sure it sound 2k-present. Dated beats are dope and all but the appreciation for them has drop and well never return. A sad truth. Next time I make one, ill be sure to hit you up again.

Boom Bap has a shrinking audience and ditto for financial returns and only is the appreciation greater overseas. Plus it didn't/doesn't help when the term backpacker was/is synonymous with Boom Bap.

Boom Bap has a shrinking audience and ditto for financial returns and only is the appreciation greater overseas. Plus it didn't/doesn't help when the term backpacker was/is synonymous with Boom Bap.

Facts! I was just talking to a friend of mine about that yesterday; on how Europe & countries like Japan playing nat real, while we over here with the watered down. lol -- life.

Got the vid to work now...

Sample is dope. Drum work is nice. I think adding some "dirt" to them would sound cool. I can def see this as some sort of story telling type of track.

Dope sample chop. I think the snare is a bit quiet in the mix .I like the drum swing. I think the sub sounds dope. Its not too low. I can hear it on my monitors. Definitely some Styles P/Lox shit. Good work overall.

Whats good FP fam,

Its been awhile, took a break from the beats but now im back. All criticism is good criticism, good & bad. Lay it on me. 100% feedback will be returned.

Subscribe & LIKE !

First off, sample choice is great. I like high pitched vocs like that. Sounds like blend of boom bap + trap. Drum arrangement and panning is solid, that 808 blends in too much though and ends up sounding like a bassline. Some compression usually helps make it pop. Otherwise good work!

The bass pattern and the snare pattern are nice af man, the samples are also catchy, I like the subbass but I rather hear it louder :)

Hey Donta i like sample cuts that you made, good catch. Singing were cool, 808 is good and clean, closed hat plays nice, however kick&snare noise's appears a bit basic to me. Synth's were nicely explored, mid end part was cool to hear. Thanks for the feed btw.

Back