Str8 A's Productions - Sound The Horns Remix (FREE DL) F4F

• Thread starter Str8 A's Productions
  • Start date
Yo this is a dope track bruh. I like the melodies of this. I just think the mix can be a little better. I think the drums should stand out more and hit harder. I like the jazzy feel you were going with but I think the instrument sound selection could be better, it sounds a little generic to me imo. But iono that's just me. Other than that this beat is dope man. I like the variations you added throughout the track. Keep up the work dude :victory:

Last edited:
Already given you some feed on this particular track, so I took a listen to "Mad Man" instead. Nice track, man. I am really digging the guitar line and the string work is a nice counter accent to it. Overall, great track. You got a nice set there on your click, brother. Keep it up, I look forward to hearing more!

Nice bro, Very well produced tracks. You know what your doing! Love the chill retro/ hip hop vibe.

Keep it up! I also dj, So if you want to link up on unreleased tracks swap for live play lmk. :) Good work again!

Dope track man. Like the overall vibe, but I think the instruments could be a little cleaner sounding, like a liver feel would be cool. Really good arranging, really solid track man! keep it up!

Funky track, love the arrangement, it demonstrates your skill in composition. I would personally choose higher quality instruments/synths but you've done a lot with what you have. Hope to hear more from you soon!

Smooth track, i really like the bass, blends very nicely with the other elements, if there's something i would say i don't like that kick, it's too smooth and in the back rather than in your face, but i do come from aggressive types of music so you know....

To, me, all the writing is good, the structure too, but I just don't like those horn vsts, it sounds really synthetic.
The drums doesn't feel human enough too...

Listen to track 6 , dope beat man those brass sound over the top were real dope . Clean mix and great work with the instruments as well . Great drum work to . Keep up that good man . If you looking for emcee Thecoli.com is a great place to look at . There is some sample and composition beat battle here to so alot of opportunities here . Worth to take a look at it .

Hey Str8,

nice production man! It seems to me that i have heard it before somewhere ;) maybe here? Anyway... i like the melody and the instruments are playing great together. The only knickknack is, the mix needs a little bit more power in the heights for my taste. Great work! Keep it up! Regards, Adal

Nice jazzy feeling here ! The melody was cool so does the drums , maybe have an eye on the brass to sound a bit more natural ? Maybe its just me !!
Keep up the good work !

Good work.

With the Horns Track

Work on the mix some, Snare alittle muddy I would add a bit of Reverb also. I think theres a part where I heard the guitar hit an off note also.

Overall Brighten the mix up just little but drums are nice.Keep it up!

Linpro

Last edited:
Hey man! There´s a nice vibe in your music - If you say you want to "incorporate that jazzy feel" I think you already did very well.

Greetings,
Schuster

Exclamation is def my joint and I feel like this could be a great lane for you to run in - maybe make some joints for Jill Scott, Wale because of the soulful feel and bounce! Overall, all of the tracks were mixed well and you have a nice variety of sounds with emphasis on live instruments.

Back