SPIDI - Under All That (f4f 100%)

SPDY

Just a short track ive been working on after not making anything for a while.
Been trying to get better at mixing but still got a long way to go, any feedback/advice is greatly appreciated and will be returned 100%

Last edited:
Nice ambient and drum idea. But I would go with more 808 variations and some pad chords under the piano melody. Keep working and experimenting with the sounds!

This is a great base for the beat. I agree with Thrillz that it could benefit from some the 808s changing up from that one note. This is real chill tho regardless. Nice job.

Good start as the others have said you should try use more 808 variation & play around with different sounds and instruments to spice it up a lil, I like the synth you have in the background sounds nice, also add effects to some of the instruments to tweak or get a different sound good job though.

Check out my youtube. Hail Caesar Beats
- YouTube

This is a great base for the beat. I agree with Thrillz that it could benefit from some the 808s changing up from that one note. This is real chill tho regardless. Nice job.

yeah i think your right, needs a bit of switch up in it. Fuck with your work bro, song in your bio is fire. I Need to learn how to sample properly tbh

Last edited:
This is pretty solid start. I gotta agree with all the comments above. I like the drums and synth a lot, they have a nice sound quality to em' and the snare does a great job blurring the line between a synth and sampled sounding snare... The bass/808 is obviously the part to mess with more. It sounds a little too overdriven, not sure if that's the sample/sound you're working with or if it's a product of the mixing phase. If you're having trouble finding the right 808's to use (which can be difficult to find the perfect one) it might be worth looking at a couple 808 sample packs rather then trying to fix the problem in the mixing phase. Just something to consider, I'm not sure of what your workflow was for this one.

Anyways, it's a good start and I think everything except the 808 sounds solid. Good stuff!

Back