Sound The Horns (FREE TRACK) - Come one, come all! F4F

• Thread starter Str8 A's Productions
  • Start date
dope vibe ... good work here ... nice arrangmenet ... may work on that bassline and the kick a lil ... bassline may overpower the kick a bit ...

returned

Last edited:
Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate the feedback!

Stay tuned for weekly releases.

- A

Hey!
Nice work on snare, sounds perfect.
Although violin is kinda artificial, maybe some reverb would do the trick.
Keep it up!

Hey man. You seem to be able to play your instruments well. I like the melodies in the the couple of beats I listened to, and they had a nice feel to them. Seemed to be made with passion and carefullness. I like that. But some of the sounds were a bit I don't know plastical. You know it felt like they were computer made. I'm on some very shitty speakers now so i could be totally off here. But at least for my taste the sound of the sounds were a bit to Clean like. But the jazzy feeling made me feel good man, very nice.

Sounded very solid, bro! I love the jazzy, chill out feel to the beat. The drum loop worked well with your bassline... good work. A very nice mix, as well!

The instrumentation is on point but I feel like the drums are boring for how much is going on in this track. Its dope nonetheless.

Already commented on soundclick, but like I said before you're truly gifted. What music do you listen to? Something had to influence you to be so musical.

sup bro ya this is some classic boom bap jazz right here..dope ass bass..goin on...like others have said your instrument choice is what is holding this back...sounds do sound stock..however if you layered them...or found a nice vst...like an east-west vst...main would i love to hear this with them badd ass strings and brass played through that..i say this cuz your arrangements and actual compostion is really top notch and i mean that for real..you do got talent bro

Hey man I really appreciate the kind words, I'm working on improving my sounds and layering as you mentioned. So, stay tuned for more tracks every week.

- A

that was awesome man, you have such a jazzy style that I was i really wish i could emulate haha. Like other people have said though, my major critique would be that it sounds too "bland," or "stock."

my number one tip to fix that (without going out and buying high quality VST's) is reverb. Throw some reverb on the master channel, turn the room/size way up to around 70-75%, and then turn the mix down to about 5-10%. Doesn't have to be the exact same, do what works for you. This is what I do to really "open" my sounds. It's adds atmosphere, but not so much that your track starts to drown. It just provides a little more body, and should help at least dampen those stock sounds.

Wow, thanks a lot for this valuable information! I'll definitely make a note of it and start implementing into my future beats. I really appreciate it!

- A

Nice one! Very musical, really love the instruments and melodies. i would change the drum sounds or the mix of them, they kinda pull down the product in my opinion

Thanks man, really glad you enjoyed and I'll check out the drum rework.

- A

This is dope but i think you should have use a better violion sample or mix it better but otherwise this is on point . Great mix and drum .Good track overall Keep it up man .

really dope man, cannot fault the composition. would say add a light tube saturator on master bus to add a bit more crunch to the sounds, but the mix sounds real good.

Back