Soulful Boom Bap Kanye West Inspired Feedback for Feedback 100% Guarantee

J-Hershey

Here is a soul flip I did. Would really appreciate some feedback especially on the mixing and drums. Thanks. Lets network if your on the cloud.

This is pretty dope fam! I like how you flipped the sample. I can hear Evidence or Fashaw on this. Keep up with the good work!

This is dope man. I wanted to be Kanye so much when I was growing up and first experimenting with production. The feel is nice on this man only thing I would do is try to bring the bass out a little more. Good shit keep it up look forward to hearing more.

Great sample, and fantastic chops. I always see people telling you to get your kick and snare to pop through the mix more. They're not wrong, but they're not right, either. It's a style choice. I personally don't need kicks smacking me in the chest on every single beat. I'm sure if that's what you wanted, you'd parallel compress the drums and sidechain to the sample. I like the mix on the drums here.

This is nice great sample choice & chops not to much to say about this since its really good only thing I would say is add a lil more punch to the snare and maybe try some filters on the vox sample to add variation to it but thats about it this is dope I can def hear the Kanye vibe.

Check out my latest.
[F4F] SZA x Tinashe x The Weeknd Type Beat [F4F]

Dope sample flip. I'd change up the kick and def mix the drums so that this beat really knocks. Lower the volume of the instrumentation and raise it on the drums especially the kick and that should do the trick.

Back